[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - appeal against dwp

appeal against dwp

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

appeal against dwp

Postby ROSE123 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:58 am

I went for an appeal on Friday against the DWP. my husband came with me. I don't like to face up to the problems I have with FM I manage OK from day to day and try not to think about the pain its my way of coping, the problem I have is when I have to start talking about my symptoms I get really upset and start crying like a 2 years old and then all hope is lost ,i get confused and the fibro fog sets in and i just cant answer anything with out sobbing like a toddler. to be fair i have never been to a formal hearing and i it was very daunting. I have copd so that affects my breathing and at the moment i have a second chest infection in 3 weeks.i don't know if its the fibro with the chest infection that has caused me to feel really down today but i do. I wont know the results of the hearing till next week so i am on edge as well. There is nothing i can do or anyone else for that matter. Its strange but i have 2 cats and while i am in pain or suffering from chest infections they both sit on me or very close to me maybe their senses are more in tune to our illnesses . wouldn't it be nice if doctors and the DWP gave us some respect and understanding instead of treating us like criminals. :(
ROSE123
UKFM Member

Re: appeal against dwp

Postby Ldyalb » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:26 am

Was it an appeal for ESA or for DLA? :fingerscrossed: you get the right outcome next week.

I've not been to an appeal, I somehow passed my ESA medical and was placed in the WRAG and am still waiting to hear if I will get DLA or not. I'm sure the appeals must be very scary, usually when we're talking about our health problems it's in a private room with a Dr. At least they didn't say 'no' again straight away. Hopefully they'll have seen how distressed you were, and how difficult the hearing was for you and will overturn the DWP's original decision.

Good luck with it, really hope you get the right decision, take things easy for the next day or two - there's nothing else you can do now but hope for the best and rest yourself up :flowers:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:29 am

:wave: :wave: Rosie, I've moved your topic into this part of the forum as it's more suited to what you are posting about. Hopefully it will mean you get a good number of hits :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Which benefit was your appeal relating too?? Most people going thru appeals at the moment seem to be fighting for ESA and/or DLA. It's not surprising that you broke down like you've described at the hearing, they are awful things to have to attend even when you feel at your best :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: It could possibly be everything catching up with you at once that is adding to how you're feeling at the moment. Hopefully they won't keep you waiting too long for the outcome :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I know exactly what you mean about what your pud tats have been doing, animals do have some sort of extra sensory power or something as they can pick up on the slightest of things. I'm owned by a doglet and she seems to "know" things as well, like when OH gets up at lunchtime after his final night shift, she'll waggle and wait for him at the bottom of the stairs, but when he gets up at the time he does during a block of shifts, she won't go anywhere near him as she knows he'll be getting ready to take her for walkies :shock: :shock: :shock: You are reading that right, I have a doglet that doesn't like walkies :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Hopefully the decision for your appeal will be thru quickly and have the right outcome for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Carole » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:46 pm

It must be very upsetting and worrying especially when you don`t feel well to start off with, I hope it goes your way ....being past working age I don`t have that to worry about ..its losing the DLA when this PIP thing comes in thats my worry as I know I won`t get it after listening and reading about the level of disability deemed worthy of it ....as I can walk short distances always with pain ..if folks in wheel chairs aren`t to be considered bad enough we who look ok have no chance ...thats the problem you can`t see our pain and the mind set it puts us in ..I just wonder how we will cope without it as my pesion is abysmal!!
Carole
Carole
UKFM Member

Postby ROSE123 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:54 pm

O thanks for your support feel out of it today it was my esp I will have to wait and see the clark of the court told me there would be a letter in the post !st class should know by tomorrow******** :(
ROSE123
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:10 am

:fingerscrossed: Rose, I know what you mean about your cats, I do think animals can pick up how we are feeling and they dont question just accept, all they ask in return is some love and food and water, so much more uncomplicated than humans. :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ldyalb » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:53 am

My knees killed me today so I went and laid down on the sofa under my favourite blanket. Moggy promptly settled down to sleep across my knees (she's barely bigger than a kitten, despite being 17 so she's nice and light). After 30 mins all the lovely warmth radiating from her had my knees feeling better in no time :-D

They're clever critters are.

:fingerscrossed: you hear tomorrow and it's good news.

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby ROSE123 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:27 pm

no I did not win the appeal very down and upset have phoned the cab office and was told someone would phone me back tomorrow where to go from here I must be imagining the pain and the COPD and chest infections. Has anyone else been through this????? :(
ROSE123
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:45 pm

:hugs: I'm really sorry to hear that.

I've not been through it but I think others on here have so hopefully you'll hear from some of them.

You can appeal the decision of the appeal so don't despair, CAB should hopefully be able to help you with that.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/gl24dwp.pdf

If you go to page 17 it explains about appealing to the Upper Tribunal on there.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby animalhouse » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:38 pm

i have recently appealed (well oh has as my secretary), i think i did really bad at appeal as i was very vague when she asked if my condition was better or worse.

as no matter how i felt a year ago its hard to remember and i am much worse mentally just from coping with the pain and fatiuge of it all.

so waiting to see what comes of upper tier.

good luck you have to keep having a few weeks off thinking about it then its back on brown envelope post watch.

:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby ROSE123 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:20 pm

I was and still am upset about losing my appeal, but have been thinking about it all today and i have realised that when i try to talk about the fibro and every other illness i have i start to grieve for the old me. I just try and get on with things in the day pain and all the other things, but when i stop to talk to someone about it all i lose it and get upset. Does anyone else feel like this????????????
ROSE123
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:15 am

Yeah, it's very hard to explain it to other people. I had to mentally prepare for my ESA medical so I was psyched up and ready to say 'actually things are jolly awful' instead of the 'oh well this is bad but it could be worse and I manage' like I usually say to friends and family etc.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby MCT » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:13 am

MCT
UKFM Member

Postby ROSE123 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:53 pm

I have had a letter from the dwp today telling me they have stopped my benefit (Employment and support) I phoned the cab office and still no one has phoned me back I feel very alone and feel like i am an outcast because i am too ill to work. I have worked all my life and paid NI but now that i need help I don't get it. I am questioning myself and my illnesses. I don't know what to do or where to turn for help MY husband got that angry he has now made an appointment to see the MP timpson on Tuesday what good that will do I don't know. I can't see the beauty around me only clouds of despair!
ROSE123
UKFM Member

Postby ROSE123 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:30 pm

although I won my appeal i have been told that there is a wait of 6 weeks they said they are sorry there is a wait but they have had a lot of appeals being won and there is a back log that really tells you something how wrong atos have been :evil:
ROSE123
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits