ESA - what rights have you got????

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA - what rights have you got????

Postby sjc » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:14 am

Hi there folks....hope you are ok...

can people on esa be allowed to do some form of part time training or part-time course??? I have read that you can do so as long as it is fine with the jobcentre, but just wondered if anybody else on ESA does any form of training, course or volunteering......

I only want to do a few hours a week training or part time course, as I couldn't cope with full time stuff or returning to work yet, as this would be too much for me at the moment - I am stil in recovery and have bad flare ups some days, but would like to do something that is flexible and has a gentle approach to getting back into the community....

does anybody know what are the rules on esa, etc.....? I cannot do anything at the moment in terms of training, but I would like to return to do some training at a later stage, but don't know what my rights are on esa? any advice would be welcome...

thanks folks.
Sick of being sick, if you know what I mean. Anger keeps me going! I love campaigning for the rights of those with hidden disabilities. Enjoys talking to other like minded people - well, if you are sane, anyway :)
sjc
UKFM Member

Re: ESA - what rights have you got????

Postby busy mummy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:06 am

Hey sjc,

It really depends what type of course you want to do.

The jobcentre can refer you to work based courses, such as First Aid, ECDL, but as I understand it the budget is very tight and these things are few and far between.

If you wanted to do some type of evening class for example, cake decorating, then you are free to do so.

For something more structured/academic the rules are that you can do a part time course as long as it is under 16 hours.

Sarah x
busy mummy
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits