Failed wca ..... what now ?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Failed wca ..... what now ?

Postby POSTIEGIRL » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:35 pm

I have failed my medical ... scored 9 out of 15 points.. but I am appealing... I am disgusted that my esa50 seems to be totally disregarded, everything they have taken into account is what I can do on a good day !! Not a bad day when I am flat on my back !! What I do want to know is ... If I signed on for Jobseekers, what am I actually signing to? Do I have to state that I am looking for your average 40 hour a week job? I am utterly fatigued and in pain, and I can barely stay awake for 40 hours a week, let alone state that I am seeking employment for 40 hours a week!!! Does anyone know what you are signing to?? I am totally bereft...by all the stress and am seeing my gp tomorrow to see if he will give me a sick note to support me, other than that... how do I state I can do 40 hours a week???
POSTIEGIRL
UKFM Member

Re: Failed wca ..... what now ?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:47 pm

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12541

The wonderful post this linky takes you to explains what to do next when you have "failed" your WCA.

Hope you can get things sorted :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby suenew » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:18 pm

Disgusting ,they wont listen, spend more time typing up on the comp.Dont know if you know if you fail your money stops,i only found out when i got a letter saying i was in arrears with my rent and council tax..Your money drops as well.
The doctor who checked me even too his hearing aids out to listen to my chest
I scored 9 the first year then 0 the second year, im due to go back soon,dread that letter through the letter box .
suenew
UKFM Member

Postby juneville » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:10 pm

I've got my medical for esa next week. I have high rate mobility ela and low rate care
Had dr come out to see me to get it, you would think they would look at his notes and save mine and their times and my stress levels.
June.
juneville
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:28 pm

June - the reason they do seperate medicals and assessments are because being on the higher levels of DLA don't necessarily preclude someone from working. For example someone born without legs who has trained as an Accountant may very well receive HRM to pay for an accessible car, or their wheelchair but be able to work. When I worked theoretically I would have been entitled to DLA as I needed help with cooking and showering etc.

The problem with the system though is that they often use a failed ESA medical to reject a claim for DLA which they're not supposed to do for the reasons above - someone fit to work may still have significant mobility or care needs. I bet they don't do the reverse though i.e. use a passed ESA medical to approve a DLA application!

Postiegirl - I would advise you to appeal the decision. They will continue to pay you at the assessment rate of ESA so you'll get the same money as you would on JSA anyway - only difference is they won't stamp your NI anymore. There's no guarantee you would be able to get JSA - as you have to be available for work many who have been declared fit for work by the DWP and had their ESA taken away are then told they're not fit for work by the DWP when they apply for JSA. :roll:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits