[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Refused DLA

Refused DLA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Refused DLA

Postby MonkeyFeatures » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Only just seen this, I saw the dermatologist and she has diagnosed me with psoriosis on my feet and scalp but thinks it may just be dry skin/dermatitis on my hands. She's prescribed lots of creams and shampoo's etc and she's written to the rheumy but his letter said that if I have psoriosis then we can assume I have psoriotic arthritis. Just wanted to update x

Mummy of 2 beautiful children My hubby is my rock!
MonkeyFeatures
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:37 pm

At least you know what it is now. Hopefully the Rheumy can sort you out a decent treatment plan :fingerscrossed:

It's 7 weeks today since the letter was dated, should hear sometime this week (they said 2-3 weeks before with a total of 10 week wait) when the appointment is. If I haven't heard by the end of the week I'm going to ring them though. If it's a while away I'd rather know so I can make plans. It's my birthday soon and after that we're off to visit family in North Wales for a few days. As April drags on it looks increasingly like I might not be seen until early June. Which is when my birthday and trip away is.

They actually say on the letter 'make sure you tell us asap about ANYTHING you plan' in the next 3 months or so. But they won't give me an appointment until a few weeks ahead of it. I wouldn't mind, even if they said 'right, how's the 1st June?' because, even though it's still far away, at least I'd KNOW. Grr.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby mrsellgee » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:36 am

Well I too have just received the dreaded brown envelope, and shock and horror I have been refused DLA, that is with reports from GP and consultant, This is a joke as I forget I switch the cooker on, cant lift heavy pans etc, need help to shower and to get in and out of bed etc.

I would like to appeal but am scared to, I have been put on a stack of anti depressant meds now too and feel like I am a whisker away from a total breakdown, so dont know if I should appeal.
mrsellgee
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:29 pm

As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby mrsellgee » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Thanks Lisa

Any help is so appreciated right now, One of the annoying things that they have said is that I dont suffer from
anxiety and panic attacks, My gp put me on Sertraline and Diazepam as I was pretty close to hysteria a few weeks ago, cant go
out unless chaperoned etc, I feel like giving up but try to stay strong for my family.

I will contact them tomorrow

Hayley
mrsellgee
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:27 pm

So sorry to hear you've been caught up in the benefit nightmare.

I think you'l find that the main reason you were refused DLA is because they used the ESA medical report as part of the decision. You say you past the ESA medical but in fact although you got the ESA you were placed into the Work Group or WRAG as its known, This indicates that you have a capability to work. There is also another part of the WRAG for people who they feel do have more medical problems which is the Wrag with Limited Work Capabilities. They will have put this on your letter if you are in this group. It is usually these people who manage to get DLA at the lower rate.

If you managed to get in the ESA Support group this is classed as an achievement as your seen as unfit to work.

Unfortuneatley I know that DLA does use the ESA medical report as a yard stick.

My advice is to firstly ask for a reconsideration prior to appeal of the DLA decision. Send in as many medical reports as you can get as well as any other assesments you might have had ( council etc , you can apply for a reduction in council tax if you have a disability )

If you have only just got the decision on your ESA you can also ask for a reconsideration of that as well and advise DLA you are appealing the ESA decision. How many points did they award you for ESA ?

I'll try and advise you if you need any help from an insider point of view !
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:46 pm

They've already reconsidered and said no. Am now appealing the decision. Tribunal expected sometime after 29 October 2012. I applied on 25 November 2011!

I am in the WRAG. No idea how many points I got at the medical - they never told me. I can't understand my own medical report very well. The lady was not a native English speaker and, not being rude, if a 10 year old wrote something in such poor English I'd be seriously concerned about their education. It seems I gained ESA on the grounds of difficulty with my walking. But according to the medical report I am a man AND a woman (she refers to me as both male and female) ... I'm a 5"1 woman with long hair and massive boobs. So demonstrably not a man. Grr.

I think my ultimate best bet at getting DLA will be to re-apply once I've seen the new Rheumy (will wait and give the tribunal a shot first though). I can then explain to the new Rheumy how things have worsened, and try to get them on board with a good report.

According to the DWP's info on me they never received my GP's report, they just got the form back on which he wrote 'please see attached summary' but there's no summary... so not sure if they've 'lost' it, or he never actually sent it.

Nightmare.

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby diane1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:03 pm

Once you get closer to the appeal date let us know and I'll give you some tips on the tibunal. If you've appealed you should have been sent all information used. If the ESA report was used you should have a copy or call them up and ask how many points you get for ESA. I do know that they use the information from ESA when making the decision. If they dont use the actual medical report they look at the fact of what yo scored and what group your in.

Anyway you should be OK at appeal alot of people get it overturned and as you said if you get a new consultant he may be able to help. Mine has been great.

Good Luck.

Diane
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:54 pm

Thanks :) just got to get myself organised now to prepare all my evidence et al!

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby jom2774 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:40 pm

Don't give up because that is what they want people to do. I am waiting for tribunal. Applied for 2nd time in Aug 2011. Was refused, appealed and now this. Was told in Oct that would be looking at April. Phoned last week to be told that I was looking at another 7 months. They said if causing undue hardship could write to ask for it to be expedited. As have had to cut hours again at work, my gp; social worker and I have all sent letters in this week. Found out that if salary goes up or down by 2.5k they won't amend my payments. Fingers crossed, I want a mobility scooter.
jom2774
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Folks please, please, please keep fighting. How they make their decisions is beyond me.

Ldyalb looking at your pics of of your skin condition on your hands and arms it looks like the contact eczema I have. I am no doctor so I can't tell you what it is, just that it looks like mine.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:37 pm

I'm pretty sure it is Eczema and not Psoriasis on my skin, and Nail Psoriasis on the nails. The dry patches don't last very long and they're infrequent, whereas with Psoriasis you expect a cycle of it to stay there for longer.

Interesting on Wednesday I popped in to a Jewellers to get my penultimate finger on my right hand measured. When I was 11 my Mum bought me a pretty ring which I have been wearing on that finger for years. By early Jan I couldn't wear it anymore. It would go on my finger, but only just, and was very tight and uncomfortable.

The finger was measured as a size M. The ring a size K. So my finger has increased two ring sizes in a very short space of time (about 2 months from, 'it's feeling a little tight today' to 'I can't wear it anymore').

I've had my old Uni housemate to stay this week (she took me and Mildred (my walking stick) to Sandringham and Hunstanton Beach) and she said she could see how much bigger my fingers are since she last saw me in May 2010. So I know I'm not imagining it lol.

Monday marks the 10 week date into my wait to see Rheumy Number 3 which was recently extended from 10 weeks to 13 weeks. They told me they will probably only be able to give me a day's notice of my appointment which is very big of them. It's not like ill people need to plan things carefully in advance, or save spoons to travel on two buses to the Hospital, and two buses back or anything like that :-x

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Refused DLA

Postby Carlaagnew » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:19 am

I was given Dla then to have it removed then put on low rate care! I can't walk, have no mobility, can't drive, can't cook meals, get out of bed into the shower anything and they won't help only reason I can think of is my age! They are hesistant to give Dla to someone in there 20's! Xo
Carlaagnew
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:36 am

I'm your age Carla, or I will be in 5 weeks time anyway lol. I think they are reluctant to give DLA to people in their teens and 20s/30s - I think maybe they think once we're on it we'll be on benefits for life and will never do anything which is stupid as you can claim DLA and work. And DLA helps many people to do more as it can pay for taxis, mobility aids etc. But the government wants to save money and disabled people are a very easy target!

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Refused DLA

Postby Carlaagnew » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:54 am

Carlaagnew
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits