Good article re: shopping a benefits cheat

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Good article re: shopping a benefits cheat

Postby Ldyalb » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:09 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... CMP=twt_gu

Yes, I do have a bee in my bonnet about this :-P

Good article anyway. Think it should be compulsory reading for anyone who is thinking of reporting someone!
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Re: Good article re: shopping a benefits cheat

Postby Roseofsharon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:20 pm

I've tweeted and put this on facebook. It's important to raise awareness every way in which we can.

Yes I too have a bee in my bonnet, thanks for the article :)
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm embarrased to say that we have the Sun delivered :oops: and I agree it's a rubbish newspaper. Can't get my elderly mum to read any other paper though, she likes the crosswords and the bingo.
My son and myself refuse to read it.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:01 am

My Father takes the Daily Mail. I feel your pain!

I've never bought a newspaper in my life - free online baby :mrgreen:

As a random comedic aside - if you despair at the tabloid press then watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

Or try this - http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby crazycat36 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:42 am

that artical realy opens ur eyes to whats going on. Recentlly i was out in my car that has a blue badge and disabled tax and i was parked in a disabled space when this lady came over to me and started ranting that it was a disabled space and if im not getting out the car i shouldnt use disabled spaces....this caused me to hav a panic attack as i cant cope with confrontations like that, i asked her what made her think it was me that had the disability and that for all she knows i could just b driving for someone disabled but she was like a dog with a bone and wouldnt leave things so i kind of lost the plot and told her to mind her own f***in business as i was the one disabled just so happens i have 4 kids of my own and the reason im just sitting in the car in a disabled place was that i was recovering from being in the shop that i was right outside before i drove off. Thought that would shut her up but it didnt she still kept going with the rules of blue badge holders etc, to my amazement she then gets into the car right beside mine, so shes on a blue badge aswell, and promptlly drives 2 shops down to park again in another disabled space which u might think what a shame she cant walk far etc, to let u understand she had walked bk to her car from further away than that and if i could walk the way she did in the shoes she had on id b well happy, but i didnt judge her as like the article above mentions disabilitys can b invisible and having fibro i fully agree, when she got out the car again with these shoes with such a big heel even a very able bodied person would struggle with these heels and promptlly sprinted down the road bk from where she came from.

Anger took over me as i watched this so i got out my car again tellin my kids i wouldnt b a second (kids r in there teens one of which is nearly 17) and went down to her car had a look at her disabled badge to realise it was over 2yrs out of date and she didnt have disabled tax, so i took a note of her blue badge number and the council that issued it which turned out to b the same council as me and took a note of the reg of the car and a day or so later went to the department that issues the badges and gave the information i had to b thanked as this lady wasnt disabled and shouldnt b using an old out of date disabled badge that used to b her mothers.

Needless to say i was very angry after all she caused me to hav a panic attack and feel like i was doing something wrong for sitting for a minute to catch my breath before i headed off when she didnt hav a disability and was using her mothers old blue badge that had ran out after her mothers death, i felt guilty for going to the council to check up on her but when i heard all this i was no longer guilty i was just so annoyed that id let someone that flaunts the rules cause me to hav a panic attack when id done nothing wrong and shed done a lot wrong.
crazycat36
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:35 am

It's people like that who cause the problems. My rule is, if someone has a blue badge then I'll assume it's valid but if someone attacked me like that I'd be checking it's date etc too!

Using her dead mother's badge - how low can you get?

What an idiot though - using an expired badge which never even belonged to her and then drawing attention to herself like that. She's obviously a thoroughly unpleasant person.

She's got a taste of her own medicine now though :-)

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Crazycat some people arent worth bothering over, she as Lydalb has said sounds like a thoroughly nasty person so she deserves what she gets and I hope they do more than tkae the expired badge away from her :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Roseofsharon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:07 pm

I agree that she got what she deserved! I really don't understand it at all.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits