ESA Medical

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA Medical

Postby xMandiex » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:05 am

Hi all,

Just a quick question, I had my ESA50 form through about 1 and a half weeks after making a claim for ESA, and filled it out and sent it back about 3 -4 weeks ago. I'm just wondering how long it will be before I hear back whether or not I have to go for a medical?

Mandie x
xMandiex
UKFM Member

Re: ESA Medical

Postby no1phil » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:29 am

For me it taken 13 weeks from when i sent my form back, however be careful as the decision maker never read my form at all by the looks of it since i was scored zero points. Said i never had problems with bowel movement even though i explained i did and also said I was able to carry out everyday tasks, even though i explained the issues i face with my fybro fog, explaining i have burnt myself on many a occasion when using the oven because i forget dishes are hot.

Also from experience if you see a "nurse" and not a doctor at ATOS be prepared to be knocked back as well. I was told there is no examination that i could be giving to prove my symptoms, which is untrue since there are certain presure points that are affected on the body with fybro.
no1phil
UKFM Member

Postby lara5559 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi,

My first post on this site. My form went in dec 15th, got the medical this saturday!! I am not going to get too stressed about it, but my diagnosis is Inflammatory bowel disease but doc is not worried about this know, it has settled down, I have suffered with Chronic fatigue since last March since a virus which has been the main problem and she now thinks im heading towards a diagnosis of Fibro because of my symptoms. Im exhausted but have so much joint pain in various parts of my body, along with burning etc. I will be telling them all this on sat!

Regards

Lara x
lara5559
UKFM Newbie

Postby xMandiex » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Hi Lara and no1phil,

Apologies for the late reply - haven't had the energy to come on lol. Thanks for the replys, if I may ask though, how long did it take for you to recieve the forms from when you made your claim? It's just mine came through with the statement that you have to check over about a week and a half after I made the initial claim.

Mandie
xMandiex
UKFM Member

Postby xMandiex » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:13 pm

Good Luck with your medical on Saturday Lara. :fingerscrossed: you get the right outcome x
xMandiex
UKFM Member

Postby lara5559 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:54 am

Thanks,

I applied end of Oct, then 2 weeks later hadn't heard anything, rang them, they said they hadn't even got my claim on the computer!!!!! So it got sorted and my esa50 form came around Nov 12th, had to be in Dec 15th. 13 weeks assessment phase up Jan 28th or Feb 15th, finally got medical date march 10th for this sat the 17th. No one rang up from atos, just got a letter.

Be glad when tommorrows over. Im prepared to appeal anyway if they throw me off!

Lara x
lara5559
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits