Refused going to fight on

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Refused going to fight on

Postby jasonnisbet » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:00 am

Hi,

I have claimed for DLA IN November 2011...
Was turned down on January...
I feel that the DWP did not bother to look or read my claim form
It was re looked at with new evidence, My partner wrote a statement of what she does for me.
The DWP Waited for my consultant to sent them a report. My consultant finally got in contact with the DLA saying he was not going to give a report as he did not know me that well. So i waited nearly a month for one report which never came.
Now im going to an appeal to fight for my DLA.

There are no benefits out there for me.
I work 16 hours a week and earn £120 a week
the benefits I do go for they say I earn to much.

I will fight on to get my DLA.

Jay
jasonnisbet
UKFM Newbie

Re: Refused going to fight on

Postby Ldyalb » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 am

I applied in December and was turned down last week. It was my first application. The vast majority of people are turned down the first time they apply - they hope you'll just give up and go away. But about 50% of people who appeal do get a DLA award at appeal so it's worth fighting for.

I am also appealing, they contradict my form, my parent's statement of what they do for me, my GP's report AND they contradict the medical report the ATOS HCP did for my ESA application. Her report was good enough to award me ESA but not good enough for DLA (she backs me up and says I can't carry hot pans of water etc which they say I can).

If you haven't already get advice from the CAB or a similar organisation such as DIAL or Welfare Rights. They can help you with your appeal and it'll increase your chances of getting an award.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:58 pm

:goodluck1: with your appeal jay
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:06 pm

:goodluck1: with your appeal
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:20 pm

:goodluck2: Jay :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: There are quite a few people on here at the moment at various stages of the appeal process, if you have a look round, esp in this part of the forum, you may find some helpful suggestions. If you have Citizens Advice or other similar organisations in your area, try to make an appt to see them, as well as advising you they may well be able to help you with your appeal :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby sootybean56 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:27 pm

hi hope ur having agood day
i`m in same situation , but made an appeal
got loads of help and support from
welfare benefit rights they are supporting my case to the tribunal
hearing which is not until september
first applied in october last year
backlog apparently.

you can find welfare benefit rights via local council office or cab will help
with advice good luck x
sootybean56
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:21 pm

i have been in the same situation for past 2 years having first applied about may 2010.

got lrc after 1st reconsideration then have been appealing for mobility since then, had provisional date for may 2011, finally had tribunal november 2011 as there is such a backlog.

good luck and keep fighting. didn't use cab so now i am due for reneewal in may i have got them to fill my form in this time to see if i am more successful.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby Littlesmudge » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi I been fightin 4 dla for 14 months now kept gettin turned down now got a tribunal day in court in April not lookin forward to it :( I've tried 4 past 3 months to get in touch wiv my local CAB but av never been able to get thru also tried to get help n get someone to cum wiv me to represent mebut that's failed too so looks like b just me n my hubby I av managed to get a letter from my rheumatoid consultant n I av my blue badge council letter so I'm hopin that is gonna b enough evidence in my favour also I am on the waitin list to b rehoused wiv council to suitable accom so if that don't help then think it's time for me to giv up cos to b honest I'm gettin worse n I just don't av the physical strength in me to carry on fightin xx :( ope u get urs sorted xx
Littlesmudge
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:15 pm

it is a physicasl and emotional battle but everytime i get knocked back i take a few weeks off from thinking about it then try and get my head round it again and gather evidence.

i seem to have so much i cant for the life of me think why i failed other than a rubbish reply from gp so make sure that is in good order.

my gp replied to dwp when they contacted him never examined patient, but had been giving me strong painkillers for past year - :nono: :nono: :nono: :evil:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits