Work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Work

Postby ellibob » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:37 pm

Wonder if any one can help. I work at a School. Will be shortly moving to half pay. With that goes a visit from Schools Welfare Officer on Monday. I need help/advise on this matter. Thanks Guys ;-)
ellibob
UKFM Member

Re: Work

Postby lolabolla » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:48 pm

hi,

I am on half pay now and soon to be ill health retired from my job (not at a school) Do you have a union rep? Is this welfare person your companies occupational health?
Can you give us a little more information.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby ellibob » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:58 pm

Thanks Lola
I rang the union was told they are to help me. The Wefare officer is not from School. She is from the Council and represents School.
I am 60 at the end of the year but now won't get my Pension until Sept 2015 an extra 2 yr 8.5 months. I get DLA care low rate only. Thanks
ellibob
UKFM Member

Postby ellibob » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:23 pm

Maybe I should add I use a w stick all the time & newly purchased Wheelchair to give me a little freedom.
ellibob
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Sorry I cant offer you any advice I was made redundant due to the amount of time I was off with chronic pain. Do you have a union rep???? The fact that its on Monday doesnt give you much time. Have you had any help/advice before the decision to put you onto half pay was taken?????
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Dodz » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi there
All employers have a duty of care and part of that will be to stay in touch with an employee when they are on long term sick, to update the employee on what is happening in the workplace etc. It'll also be to gauge how you are, how you feel about returning to work, whether you are going to be referred to Occupational Health for assessment on whether you can return to work and on what terms, full or part time, whether you will need adaptions to help you work etc. If I were you I'd try to arrange it so that someone else is with you, just so you have a witness to any conversations and for moral support of course. You can ask the welfare officer to attend at a time that is convenient to you if the time they have suggested doesn't suit you.
Dodz
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:15 pm

ellibob, you need to start only ONE topic on a particular subject, not multple and identical ones as you have done with this one, your lost introduction on and your latest one about kidney cysts. I have had to merge the all posts from the 3 you posted under this particular title, which is quite complicated, making sure all the relevant posts are included.

If you have a look at the rules for the forum, which you can find here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12383 it does say that making multiple posts on the same subject is not allowed
3. Do not spam the forums, or our members directly, either by posting unauthorised commercials to the group or by repeatedly posting the same message.

I appreciate you are a new member and will be somewhat unfamiliar with how the forum works, however I did ask you not to keep posting the same topic on your " Lost Introduction" topic as it causes a lot of confusion, as has happened in this case.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ellibob » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:23 pm

Sorry I have been getting confused I have left my brain somewhere today. I think the best thing would be if I do not use your forum
ellibob
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:13 am

There's absolutely no problem to you using the forum ellibob, it's here to provide advice and support for all of us with FM. You just need to be aware of the little things you need to do to help keep the boards bobble along as smoothly as possible.

We all have times when we're confused, just as we were all newbies to the forum at some point. We (the mods) are FMers as well, and understand how you can be thinking/feeling etc. It's not something we enjoy having to do, pointing out that someone is doing something incorrectly.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ellibob » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:22 am

I have enough concerns at the moment . I think it best alround if we part company. I am so close to going over the edge. Thanks any way :(
ellibob
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:28 am

Have you looked into what help there maybe available with you being so close to the edge?? Sometimes, a little input from someone who is independent of what is happening can bring about an option that may not have been considered possible before. Even just getting something off your chest on here could help, and there's always a chance that someone on here has experienced something similar to what you are dealing with, and may have some advice for you.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby lolabolla » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:13 am

Forgot to mention, even though you go to half pay, if you have been off for 28 weeks and you have run out of SSP, you can claim ESA as well as receiving your half pay from work.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby ellibob » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:41 pm

Thanks for that information. My SSP was deducted by my employer to give my normal total pay. How does it work on half pay? Ellibob :-D
ellibob
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:43 pm

Works out at about £50 a week worse off, not so bad.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:46 pm

You need to contact DWP when your SSP runs out, they can complete the relevant forms over the phone for you,

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits