UKFM Member

Re: Work

Postby ellibob » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi Lola is ESA affected by savings. Thanks Elli
ellibob
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:28 pm

If you have been working for a couple of years you will probably qualify for contribution ESA which is not means teasted :-D Income based ESA is affected by savings, anything above 6K per annum I think counts as income.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:51 pm

I'm on Income Based. They will count savings (I thought under 16k was ok but could be wrong) and they will count your partner's income if you have one. They won't count your parents income though so if you live at home it's fine.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby ellibob » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:43 pm

Thanks guys I have worked at the same place since 1988. Yes I am Married hopefully I can claim under contributions. I work 35 hours thanks Elli
ellibob
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:04 am

You've been working there since the year I was born so hopefully after 23/24 years full time you should have enough NI contributions paid :-)

I have heard of cases of people who have worked for years (like 8-10 years) who have either been part-time, or been low-paid, time off to have kids etc, or even a bit of them all - who have been turned down for benefits for not having paid enough NI. Very harsh system for people who have held low-paid jobs, or who have battled health problems for years and worked whenever their health allows if they also live with a partner :nono:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits