Dla court appeal

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dla court appeal

Postby Littlesmudge » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi I applied 4 dla 14 months ago n been turned refused it several times even aft a medical n now I av a court date in April I av just sent a 26 page folder in today as further evidence I want em to consider including 2 letters from 2 different consultants statin my illness n how it affects me copies of all my hosp apps upto this yr booklets wiv info of my illness a cater statement from my hubby photocopy letter of my acceptance 4 a disabled persons blue badge a letter from the councils occupational therapist statin I need 2 b rehoused ASAP due to illness a letter off the council statin they av a more suitable house for me n wud like 2 offer it n photocopies of info on the implantable loop recorder I av fitted n attached to my heart which monitors my heart 24/7 n been in a yr now is there anything else anyone can think of that I may need to help my case I'm really stressin myself out over this n just think I mayb wasting my time wot do u think ? :?:
Littlesmudge
UKFM Member

Re: Dla court appeal

Postby Ria Landon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Dear Littlesmudge

Don't give up now! You've done so well to keep fighting for so long and sounds like a brilliant case you are putting forward with lots of evidence to support your claim. I cannot think of anything else you could use except that if you think of anything else that is important to you don't leave it out.

I am certainly no expert in these things but do stay strong and make sure you have lots of love and support to get you through this. Stay positive and look forward to winning your case and receiving all that you are entitled to.

Good luck

love Ria
Ria Landon
UKFM Member

Postby Littlesmudge » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Cheers ria thanks 4 ur kind words of support I think I'm just lookin on dark side as all I seem to do is fight n u feel as tho u r hitting a brick wall all time i av also been keepin a diary so wil b takin that too if that don't help n all the other evedence that I av sent don't help then I'm just lost n don't no wot else to do xx
Littlesmudge
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:28 pm

You're not wasting your time. Loads of people are sadly forced to appeal. They think saying no will scare people off and make them go away which is why they do it.

The system stinks but the only way to cleanse it is to fight it. Don't give up at the last hurdle. The worst they can say is no again, but if it goes well you'll finally have the help you deserve :-D :-D
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby fibrostar » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:29 am

Hi, I think we've all been there! I was turned down and had to appeal, it was really traumatic I wouldn't want to repeat it again, i had to leave the room in tears as i hate having to talk about how it effects me i get really upset,when i went back in they started asking me trick questions trying to trip me up, needless to say i was refused. Since then i have been diagnosed with sleep behavioural problems and i reapplied with the help of the princess anne trust, i was awarded low care and low mobility, if i had to go back to appeal i wouldn't have gone.
I was turned down when applied for fibro & got it with something else,but my other health problems stem from fibro,maybe one day someone some where will recognise what we go through, but untill then we have to battle on unrecognised!!!!!!!!! :fingerscrossed:
Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.
fibrostar
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:27 am

I didn't know the Princess Anne Trust existed, or that they helped wth this kind of thing. Will have to look it up for the DWP, Working and Benefits section - they may be able to help some others who are applying for DLA etc at the moment.

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby bumblebee57 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi Littlesmudge. Yes I agree, fight it all the way and get what's yours and as Ldyalb says, they are trying to scare us or force us to work which would cause us even more pain and stress.I haven't heard anything about my appeal yet. (I have Fibro,asthma, depression and high BP)and Im dreading it. But good luck and I hope its a happy outcome for you.
bumblebee57
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:35 pm

been there as well still only got lrc but am now ready for renewal again.

all i can think of is don;t forget to keep emphasising your mobility and care needs as thats what its all about - i seemed to send a tonne of stuff in from 3 different rheumys etc and still didn't get any mobiity.

take care :-) :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby MCT » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Ldyalb wrote:I didn't know the Princess Anne Trust existed . . .

If it's the one I've seen advertised locally think it may now be called the "Princess Royal Trust"
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:00 pm

It is indeed, Flup has added the link to the sticky about useful sites :-)

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits