ESA stopping in 5 weeks! as i have had it the maximum time!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: ESA stopping in 5 weeks! as i have had it the maximum time!

Postby fionarodriguez » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:57 pm

hi LeaSparkle
i was told you cant claim contribution esa if your partner works more than 24 hours a week, i had a letter saying that.
fionarodriguez
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:12 am

LeaSparkle wrote:No, it is true and I really feel for everyone out there in this ridiculous boat!

Under new government legislation you can only claim Contribution Based ESA (WRAG) for a year if your partner works more than 24 hours a week.

With Contribution Based WRAG the maximum 12 months claim is regardless of a partner's income, it's Income Based ESA which is means tested.

I didn't think about trying to be put in to the non working activity group. Will this work?

Getting into the Support Group it isn't based on a higher number of points than the 15 you need to qualify, it's how you score that 15 points that gets you into it. I posted something yesterday and for the most part if you score the full 15 points on just one of the criteria rather than being spread over several you may qualify.

Maybe we should all apply to be put in to the non working activity group (can't think of the proper name or the acronym - fibro fog). Will they still have to pay whilst they assess you? . . . I am definitely not fit for work but I was thinking about applying for JSA for as long as they would give it to me.

Would be worthwhile speaking with someone from CAB or similar organisation as they should be able to advise you as to what to do next. I also think it might be worthwhile speaking to your GP and/or your Consultant to get their opinion about the DWP/JCP decision that you're now to work even although your medical condition has remained the same or gotten worse since being put in WRAG.

I just wonder what would happen if all those who after being unceremoniously chucked off ESA end up going onto JSA & then put in sick/fit notes!
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby fliss » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:18 pm

thanks fluppy puffy thats cleared that up for me,im stuck in a wheelchair and hubby does most things for me but i was refused dla as their doc said i walked 120 metres he saw me hobble from one end of my settee to the other(wish i had a house big enough to have a 120 metre settee in)lol.i think its pot luck if u get it or not xx
fliss
UKFM Member

Postby juneville » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:42 pm

how do you find out how many points youhave got, my letter just says i have been successful in working group again
juneville
UKFM Member

Postby fionarodriguez » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:02 pm

HI all.

I need help as from today my esa has stopped so now im down 370 a month. What can or can not claim we dont need this.... :cry:
fionarodriguez
UKFM Member

Postby fionarodriguez » Tue May 01, 2012 5:06 pm

why why why

just got off phone to benefits line and there is no help for me with any benefits.. cant get housing as we have a 3 bed house , cant get tax credits husband earns too much nor get income related esa cause hb works 45 hours a week..........

sat here in tears i dont see a way out of this
fionarodriguez
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue May 01, 2012 6:31 pm

:grouphug: Sorry to hear this Fiona. Go to the CAB to find out if there is anything else you are entitled to. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby fionarodriguez » Tue May 01, 2012 10:16 pm

hi shazq
i have been on the phone today to the benefit people and went throuth everything and nothing.......
fionarodriguez
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Wed May 02, 2012 8:28 am

fiona

there is no way out benefits wise, unfortunatlely only you can help yourselves now. iwe have been in same situation even when my oh only works 3 days a week and i lost my job due to ill health.

cut back on your outgoings.
if not possible such as credit card payments at minimmum go for voluntary iva
bankcrupcy
give up your home and go into rented you will then get housing benefit. if your home is a weigt around your neck or you cant afford mortgage payments it is not worth holding onto as you just make yourself ill. either sell or stop mortgage payments then you are homeless.

its time to rebalance your life and prioritorse what is important - health, sanity and wellbeing.

you will never be happy worrying out paying the bills, debts etc it only makes you worse. a home is where you make it and a year down the line eveyrthing looks different.

we are in rented, my bankcrupcy has now finished and i am free from worry on that side. i don;t give it a minutes thought. we have moved twice spending a year in each house adn it is much easier when in rented althought we got parents as guarantors. we can chose a house we want that is easier for me to live in. we hold too much to material items when it is health that is improtant.

see cab its not easy but little steps.
:-) :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

i have enough to worry about with hospital appointments etc meds, cbt, driving etc to all that was just making me worse and a distraction. my proority now is to face up to fibro/driving and get well.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits