lost appeal

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

lost appeal

Postby ROSE123 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:15 pm

I went to the appeal for employment and support in February and lost. The cab office wrote a letter for it. I cried all the way through the appeal, it I think that was due to another chest infection I suffer from COPD and had been ill since January with chest infections so I was taking antibiotics and steroids for the third time and along with the fibro I seem to cry a lot don't know why. anyway the day after my appeal some one from the cab phoned me and told me there would be a letter explaining what i should do next. IN the mean time my husband wrote to the court and asked them for the reasons I had lost. The statement of reasons said that I was able to make a cup of tea, get my own breakfast, go around a supermarket with a trolley as an aide, peel a banana and they couldn't understand why i would wear boots that my husband had to do the zip up, and I was able to use a handbag. especially since I wear hand braces. I have arthritis in both my hands and find things very difficult as well as the pain from the fibro to pull my zip up on the boots. anyway, we waited for the letter to come from the cab, in the mean time I phoned the cab 3 times to ask them for help, today I got a phone call from them and he asked me what i wanted, i told them i was waiting for a letter and i had phoned them on three occasions. He said that a letter had been sent , I told him I had not had it, he checked and it had been sent to the wrong address. Then he started to tell me I had to send a letter asking for the reasons.I tried to tell him we had already done that but he spoke over me He was very obnoxious. I can't stand people talking at me and not listening to what i say I get very flustered and start to panic. I ended up in tears again. just needed to let off steam don,t know what to do next no one seems to be helping me. I can't sign on because I can't get to the job centre and besides that they have told me I am not well enough to work?
ROSE123
UKFM Member

Re: lost appeal

Postby denys » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:50 pm

Why would the CAB office have the letter with the reasons Rose, that should come from either the court or the DWP??????? When I went to appeal over DLA the letter came to me not to CAB even though they came with me as my representative???

The man sounds incredibly rude, if they sent out a letter to the wrong address then they are duty bound to send you another with apologies for sending out your private personal information that perhaps someone else got to read :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby ROSE123 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:06 pm

hi no he did not even say sorry , thanks anyway ******
ROSE123
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:00 pm

denys wrote:Why would the CAB office have the letter with the reasons Rose, that should come from either the court or the DWP??????? When I went to appeal over DLA the letter came to me not to CAB even though they came with me as my representative???

If you use CAB to help with form filling, appeal paperwork, tribunal attendance etc you are asked to sign a form stating that you have authorised them to act on your behalf. If you sign it they are sent copies of all the relevant paperwork from DWP/JCP.
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:52 pm

I know that MCT but you receive copies of the paperwork too, when I went I rang my advisor after I got my letter and he laughed saying he knew cos they had one as well and telling me he would see me again in 2014 but think it may be before then :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

So what I dont understand is why Rose didnt receive a copy from the court/panel herself. I was wondering if she could contact the DWP and get a copy from them, as someone other than CAB should be able to supply one, also Rose I would complain to CAB about the person you spoke to did you get their name??????
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits