ESA confused

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA confused

Postby Hudsonwhymsy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi.
I recently won my appeal for ESA in court and thought that was the end of it but this morning I opened my post to find that ATOS has sent me yet another assessment form to see if I can work I am feeling so s*** that all the stress and worry and fighting to win my court appeal is a waste of time as they are going to assess me again It has left me so confused. Phoned ATOS and they to phone ESA so I did and they sad yh I was to see if any thing has changed and If I can work. My appeal was only last month and as they know I have a condition that is only getting worse. I am now worrying that I will be called for a medical again and have to go through the whole process again ( the last time I was fighting for 2 years). I haven't got the energy or fight left in me any more I just want to give up big time. I can't see the point any more Don't they realise they only make us worse by all the stress and worry. Sha :-(
Hudsonwhymsy
UKFM Member

Re: ESA confused

Postby crazycat36 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:42 pm

i really feel for u it must b so hard for u when i first applied for dla if it hadnt been for my mother doing the phonecalls etc i would of given up the same when i got moved onto esa although i didnt go through as bad a time as u, if possible try and get someone else to take over phonecalls etc. my mother although ill awell with heart failure still deals with official letters as i get to confused shes down as my named person so even during a good spell i still cant phone on my own behave which can b annoying but most of the time i dont want to talk on the phone as i find it harder to hold onto what little consitration i hav these days.

really what im trying to say is try and get someone u can trust to take over this for u as its so much easier on u stress and flare wise even someone from welfare rights or cab to do it all for u it would mean a bit of trapsing bk and forth to them but let it become someone elses problem now

hope u get a solution soon
crazycat36
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Its hard not to worry and stress.

Hopefully they will not call you in for another medical, i know its standered for first time claims (diff from change over from IB/ESA as many i know just get transefered over) so fingers crossed like mine are for me that second time round were not called in.

Make sure you send in as much information you can so they have it all to hand and hopefully wont need you to come back and what i would do is learn from last time, what they picked up on / what you appealed against so it doesnt come back around

good luck and if you need help with forms contact CAB for advice or there is alot of info on DWP sites and lots of info here or we can try help you
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby bumblebee57 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi.They dont have a clue what stress and confusion they are causing,which has a knock-on effect to our already ill-health. Umm....hang on, perhaps they do,and theyre HOPING it will make us give up and hurt ourselves by going to work or something, so they dont have to help us.You'd think that if you won your appeal, that would be the end of it,but NNNNOOOOOO. You fight them and proove them wrong.We have to make a stand on this. GOOD LUCK. There will be loads more of us behind you in the queue to fight.
bumblebee57
UKFM Member

Postby Hudsonwhymsy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:43 pm

thanks all for your comments. i think its a joke as i already get DLA which i have been getting for about 6 years, so surly that tells them something..... I just don't have the strength to go through it all again....
Hudsonwhymsy
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits