DWP Break Law!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DWP Break Law!

Postby MCT » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:27 pm

I'm sure it won't come as too much of a surprise to many to find out that DWP have broken the law on the DLA/PIP changes!

Parliament’s Joint Committee on Human Rights has slammed the DWP over changes to disability benefits, saying Iain Duncan Smith’s department broke the law with a botched consultation after trying to cover up negative responses from the public.

http://socialwelfareadvocacy.weebly.com ... er-up.html
MCT
UKFM Member

Re: DWP Break Law!

Postby Ldyalb » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Nope, doesn't surprise me :nono: this government is an absolute disgrace!
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Carole » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:36 pm

The name `Condems` suits them just fine ..it has a certain ring to it don`t you think? If they had to walk in our shoes for a week things would change I`m sure but as it is the millionaire former public school boys haven`t got a clue about `normal` life!!
Carole
UKFM Member

Postby bumblebee57 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:10 pm

"Hear hear" as the politicians say !! well said. what a bunch of underhanded scumbags. and doing that to sick, disabled, vulnerable GENUINE, HONEST people. Shame on you indeed.I wouldnt wish the illnesses we have on anyone.....well, almost anyone.....
bumblebee57
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:19 am

No surprise but will it make a difference :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby millymoodoo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:54 pm

MCT wrote:I'm sure it won't come as too much of a surprise to many to find out that DWP have broken the law on the DLA/PIP changes!

Parliament’s Joint Committee on Human Rights has slammed the DWP over changes to disability benefits, saying Iain Duncan Smith’s department broke the law with a botched consultation after trying to cover up negative responses from the public.

http://socialwelfareadvocacy.weebly.com ... er-up.html

Surely if it has been proved that the law has been broken then PIP should be relooked at!!!!!!
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:07 am

Nope no surprise here!!!! I think the only surprise really is that they haven't broken the law in other areas of the benefits system (or maybe they have and it just hasn't been spotted yet).
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

DWP Break Law!

Postby steve3 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:51 pm

I think it was an old episode of Yes Minister, not sure, where someone was challenged to live for a week on benefits as a bet.
They where given the £50 or whatever, and then the next day came bace and asked for that days money as they'd spent the £50 the previous day. Still typical of your average central gov minister and rank and file, and most politicians. No understanding or comprehension of the al world, and the effect that they have on al lives.
SteveT :penguin:
----
Dyslexic Bipolar Aspie. Having 'Fun' trying to decipher the universe every day... and then no energy to actually do it. FMS squared.

Carpe Diem: A jewel encrusted fish!
steve3
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits