Assessment time :)

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Assessment time :)

Postby Atom » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:38 pm

UPDATE:

I received the report from the Independent Tier and they have backed ATOS with regard to how they handled my complaint. However, fault has been found with the way the cretin, sorry, HCP (excuse the laughter) dealt with my Work Functionality/Capability Assessment.

There are some issues that I could take further but I just don't have the energy and it has stressed me out too much already. There is only so much you can take.

I'm surprised after the recent 'blame the claimant' statement that they did not just blame me for the whole shambles. At least I have written proof that states that the HCP who decided to call me in for an assessment should have contacted my GP :-D

So, overall I can call this a win I think and they better be prepared for more of the same the next time they deal with me.
Atom
UKFM Member

Postby babajane32 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:45 pm

awaiting some sort of assessment from atosssers...opps sorry ATOS myself atm..have decided I'm going to "record" it...with technical minded hubbys help.....think i need to if th edw wont take "notes" into consideration....i'll be mindfull not to sign anything either...they can read me what they like from a card......i thinkit's upto a court to decide if its admissable as evidance assuming they lie/misimform/faily to be impartial to my diabilty etc etc ....after all to knowingly make false declaration of a medical nature by a qualified person is I belive a serious offence.....woner just how many dpw and atos employers are looking at class action legal action of the kind that could cost them their jobs and more.....maybe something for all the victims to consider........if the government shafts us all , maybe there's a way to fight back :)))
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:02 am

Hi babajane 32,

was at an ATOS centre recently for another assessment and they had an enormous sign stating the use of recording equipment was forbidden on the premises and the recording of an interview /assessment was not allowed. ( they meant when you do it undercover but can't remember the word they used ). there was also something about what they would do if they found out but can't totally remember that bit as I had switched off as I wasn't going to record anything anyway.

So just check that you are allowed to use the equipment as you might find yourself in trouble if you use it with out permission.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

atos medical

Postby lynn66 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:06 pm

hi everyone i have been dreading today as it was my atos medical ,was in so much pain and headaches ,i have asthma,underactive thyroid,deppression and the dreaded fibromyalgia i struggle every day with all,but went to my atos medical she asked me lots of question regarding my health how icope everyday etc ,i had to get up several times as the pain in my back and legs etc and take a little walk around the room,at the end of my questions she said to me i have decided not to give you a medical as i can clearly see the pain your in so no medical,but can any one tell me if this is a good thing and what is the likely outcome of it all hugs to all :):) :)
lynn66
UKFM Newbie

Postby Atom » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Some good information here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/fo ... p?380-ATOS

babajane 32, it's a shame that you didn't get a picture of it or details of what it stated. It would be interesting to see what it means in real life legal terms. My wife took pictures of the laminated sheet outlining what to expect during your assessment that I was given.

lynn66, I have heard numerous times that Atos take notes of how often you stand up, sit down, walk around etcetera. I don't think that it matters what you do during the assessment, providing you don't do cartwheels :lol: Try not to worry about it and put the worry energy into creating a personal log with regard to what happened, times, dates, names etcetera. If you have to battle it will be alot easier with the information already compiled, rather than trying to remember it.

I have listed some interesting stuff in the thread that I discovered during my last experience and all of it, especially the forms stating what you can and can't do with regard to note taking, is available if you ask.

Always be on your guard.

This is not like a trip to see a professional that really cares about how you feel and struggle with daily life. Atos are a private company, and unlike the NHS, their first priority is to their shareholders; making money by cutting your money, thus saving the government money. I think that I read somewhere that they are bound by law to put their shareholders first.

Be prepared.

Always take someone with you. Let them take notes so that you can focus on the crocodile who's assessing you.

And remember, you don't have to put up with s**t. Most of us are so scarred about going to these assessments because we are ill and fear the financial loss. The trouble is, how many of us still lose our money and have to battle in the court. How many of us have to live on less than we are entitled to. How many of us have to suffer through conditions made worse by the stress of having to complain and the thought of doing assessments over and over and over again.

With regard to recording the assessment I would state that I will continue to do so as I don't trust Atos. This was proven by what Atos stated in their responses to my complaint.

I hope that some of the stuff helps within this thread and I will be starting a new one when I get called in again.

Good luck all 8-)
Atom
UKFM Member

Postby lynn66 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:06 pm

hi but dont atos have to give a examination at the medical,i was only in there for 25 minutes,just now hoping i will pass my atos medical even tho i didnt get examined :)) :roll:
lynn66
UKFM Newbie

Postby Atom » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:42 pm

I'm not sure. Some people don't even get asked in for a medical and some get asked in but later have it cancelled by Atos as they state that they have enough information already. None of it makes much sense. I reckon that they just pull names out of a hat :-D

I would be prepared though just in case. It's not your fault that you were really suffering on the day lynn66. You can use this in any argument if you have to request a reconsideration from the DWP. Or have to appeal. While I was waiting for my decision I kept on phoning the DWP regularly. They told me the decision before I got it in the post and I managed to get the DWP decision makers to reconsider it twice over the phone.

If you are concerned, either phone the DWP or get a friend etcetera to do it for you. Though I would give them a bit of time to get the report back from Atos before contacting them. Not quite sure how long that takes but some of the other members may be able to advise you on this.

Remember that it seems to be the DWP decision makers who have the last say, so make sure you get any point that you want to make across to them 8-)
Atom
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi Folks

As a person in the know of DWP etc you are allowed to tape the interview BUT you have to inform the Atos people prior to youattending .This is because some arent willing tocarry out the medicals with a recording being made and can refuse to carry out your medical so if they dont know before the day you might end up going all the way to the medical only for it to be delayed to another day.

The term medical doesnt actually mean a full medical examination and the question and answer session and their assesment of you whilst in the room is classed as a medical. It is true that they watch you walk into the room, how long you sit, how you stand up, handle a pen,paper and converse. Theyw ill also use crafty techniques to manipulate the resuts one is to ask if you can watch tv by sitting for 30 mins and understanding and following the show. You say NO but then later they will ask if you have any hobbies such as following the soaps if you say yes you have just obliterated your first answer to following the tv programmes.

The final decision isnt made by a DR of any kind and no one with any medical knowledge. It is a manager role called the Decision Maker that makes the decision and will also reconsider it if you ask. If it goes to appeal they will also be the people who deal with the case. Hard to believe but thats the way it is.

So good luck and tell them about the recording as if they find out and you havent told them your medical will be abandoned at that point.

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits