DLA still a 'no' - awaiting appeal date

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA still a 'no' - awaiting appeal date

Postby Ldyalb » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:52 am

Just had a massive brown envelope arrive from the DWP. It was in a right state, half open with bits hanging off it.

It's still a no. They keep insisting I am fine to cook for myself, apparently catching oneself on fire, cutting oneself and grating your fingernails into stuff don't constitute a hazard. They're also insisting that as I'm 'mentally competent' I don't need help with getting to unfamiliar places, or need help remembering stuff etc.

They've really never met me lol. I just read through all my old school reports 'Ldyalb has significant problems with co-ordination' 'Ldyalb lacks the ability to concentrate and wanders off at random' 'Ldyalb never manages to finish tasks' 'Ldyalb needs to be motivated to do things' etc. I'd like to say that was primary school but some of that is year 13! I'm tempted to send them. I have 23 years worth of evidence. grr.

My GP didn't send anything to the DWP according to the DWP, aside from a form. Basically they wrote to him and asked him to comment on the HMS, Fibro and Dyspraxia. He wrote on the form 'please see attached notes, findings at examination of patient support her difficulties'. Then didn't send the attached notes! (although that is according to the DWP who I know have a habit of 'losing' things).

Oh well. They'll get a shock at tribunal. If they don't think I'm 'special' now (to use the nicer version of what my boyfriend and friends call me) then they will at tribunal once they've met me face to face. They won't know what's hit them :twisted:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Re: DLA still a 'no' - awaiting appeal date

Postby animalhouse » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:16 pm

keep fighting ldyablb.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Sorry to hear you didnt get a good result but you seem very positive and in fighting spirit for the appeal which is a good thing ! :-D

I hope all goes well and :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Roseofsharon » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:04 pm

:hugs: I'm so sorry.

Keep on fighting, you'll get what you deserve soon enough. Just think of all you're back pay you will get.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby fliss » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:22 am

ldyalb im in the same boat iv been refused again as they say i can cook,etc and that the doc who did medical said he saw me walk 120metres i hav an unusually long settee as i got from 1 end to the other lol,im fed up with it but im not gonna stop fightin,iv asked my gp for a full medical report and he said certainly as in his eyes im severely disabled,dwp said im fine to get to places on my own but i use a wheelchair and cant push it myself haha xxu just keep fightin and hope we both get the outcome we need xx i think they do it so that people think wats the point xxx
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
fliss
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:31 pm

Yeah, I did consider packing it in briefly this morning and applying again when I've seen the Rheumy. But that's what they want and I won't bow down to them. I believe I eventually will get an award, but I need to keep fighting to get the money for this application as it'll be backdated to 25th November.

I'm going to call the CAB back on Monday and tell them it's still a no, and that I'm waiting my appeal date. I'm also going to sign up to benefits and work for their members only guides on appealing DLA. I resent paying but my CAB is very busy and the lady who is helping me only works 3 days a week. I think I may have to do a lot of this by myself.

Now I just have to do some calculations of how much each possible award will be backdated to keep me motivated and :shooting: fighting! :mrgreen: :clap:

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Ckirsty » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Please don't give up, that's what they hope we all do. I felt like that at one point but the things they do and say make me so mad it spurs me on to continue. People with FM need to talk more about their symptoms to everyone, there seems to be a mystery surrounding this illness.
Ckirsty
UKFM Newbie

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:18 pm

I won't give up. I calculated that if I have the appeal 6 months today and get awarded LRC and LRM then I'd be owed just shy of £2k... :shock:

My dream wedding dress is £2.2-3k (depending on design and choice of fabric) so bring it on 8-) (I'm being flippant. I wouldn't really spend my DLA on a wedding dress. And I'd only get a £3k wedding dress if I won the lottery. Which I won't because I don't gamble. But a girl can dream right? :crazy: )

But I will argue my case. It's a bit scary to think about but I won't let them phase me :nono:

I just find it utterly bizarre that I get ESA on the grounds of difficulty with walking and I don't get any DLA mobility...!

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby fliss » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:39 am

we must of applied at similar times as mine will be back dated to 7th novemberish xxgood luck xx
fliss
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:50 am

Lydalb, dream away but dont start counting on the money for a wedding dress or anything else (incidently if you want to spend anything you get on a wedding dress, then its up to you. No-one has the right to tell you that its wrong, its a bit like having a savings account :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

But with all the changes going on etc its not good to rely on anything :fingerscrossed: you get the right decision :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fliss » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:36 pm

ill just be happy for them to award me anything as i dont get why esa have put me in support group and stated that they didnt think id work again and dla say im not disabled enough xx
fliss
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:44 pm

cos the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing, :fingerscrossed: for you too fliss keep :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ldyalb » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:06 pm

They couldn't organise a :twodrinking2: in a brewery, that's why Fliss.

It it ridiculous that someone can be in the Support Group but not be deemed to need DLA. They've not got their heads screwed on!

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Roseofsharon » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:34 pm

Ldyalb wrote:They couldn't organise a :twodrinking2: in a brewery, that's why Fliss.

It it ridiculous that someone can be in the Support Group but not be deemed to need DLA. They've not got their heads screwed on!

I totally agree!!!! I'm rooting for you both!!!!
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby sylvie » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi
i got cab to help me fill in forms and they told me if i got turned down to appeal'appeal appeal and not to give up
i did get turned down and i went to tribunal in march it was adjourned they said they didnt have a enough medical

evidence from my gp but a week later i got a letter saying they had stopped adjournment and i was awarded high dla and lowest
care component back dated 7 month so keep trying i know its very stressful buy dont give up
sylvie
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits