DWP LOST MY ESA 50. HELP NEEDED

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DWP LOST MY ESA 50. HELP NEEDED

Postby oorwullie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Hello, as most regulars on here know i have been waiting ages for a medical. Finally got a letter in today from the DWP that they have not recieved my ESA50 and have declared me fit for work because of this and they have stopped my money. Now I sent the ESA50 along with supporting evidence back to them at the start of March. Where do I go from here?
oorwullie
UKFM Member

Re: DWP LOST MY ESA 50. HELP NEEDED

Postby denys » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Did you photocopy everything???? if so you can send it in again (taking another copy) its always an idea to send stuff to the DWP registered mail as then you have proof of posting. Not that that is any comfort to you now.

Sorry no idea what else you can do :( :( :( :( :( :(
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Atom » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:42 pm

Did you send by recorded delivery? You probably know this already but you should never trust them. Always at least go recorded/signed for. It gives you a safety blanket and might avoid their temptation to 'conveniently' lose your forms. Another good practice is to get yourself a dicta-phone and log and record any, and every call that you have with them. That way you can always refer back and use it as a weapon against them if you have to.
Atom
UKFM Member

Postby oorwullie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi guys. I didn't send it recorded delivery unfortunatley however I did photocopy the ESA50 form and all supporting evidence. Also I received another letter from the DWP today saying my ESA was stopping as I had not returned the form by the 28 of Feb. The letter I have from Medical Services advised me the form should be returned no later than the 9th of MARCH which I still have in my possession. I pity whoever I get on the phone tomorrow.
oorwullie
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:34 pm

ESA tricks again :roll:

They stopped my money (first time round) for 6weeks as they said i hadnt sent a form in by the date stated. I constantly called insisting i did and that attacthed to this form was an important document (housing tenancy agreement) and if they did not *find* this i would be in s*** streek!!.... finally after many distressed calls later they (within 30mins of me then going off my head) found it!! :roll:

When i got back my tenancy the DWP had date stamped the form the next day i posted it!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: so all this was unecassary as it just got *lost* in the system.

So now i have learned to send absolutly everything special delivery! that way they cannot *loose* my forms :nono:

Im not sure what your chances of sorting this out are as its now your word against theres :( i would insist they *search HARD* and that you have a copy ready to send off as proof that you had done it. Then hopefully it will miraculsy *appear* :hit1:

:goodluck1: give um some :shooting:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby oorwullie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Oh I will. On the the letter dated the 16.4.12 they sent me it says a decision maker has decided that you are capable of work from the 08.3.12 which is before the deadline stated in my letter from Medical Services by which the form had to be returned by.9.3.12. Also despite all this I was still paid my normal amount of £193 odds on Monday and have still received normal payments for the last 6 weeks. :-?
oorwullie
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:19 pm

They lost 3 of mine before they finally got it
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby oorwullie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:40 am

A little update guys to whats happening. Phoned the DWP this morning, they advised me that they hadn't received my ESA50 form and advised me to call ATOS to see if it had been received by them and to call the DWP back once I had found out.. Called ATOS and they advised that the had received my form on the Sat 10th of March but it wasn't stamped as being received until Mon 12th of March. Now the cut off for me sending the form in was the 9th of March however I posted the form and all supporting evidence on the 6th of March in the pre paid envelope provided by ATOS which is 1st class. Should have been plenty of time for it to get there in time but it looks like Royal Mail have taken 4 days to deliver a first class letter less than 20 miles.. The guy at ATOS told me my form and all supporting evidence had been passed to the DWP benefits centre. Called the DWP back to inform them of this and i'm now awaiting a callback from them. As you can see by my earlier posts the date the DWP says my medical form had to be back in by totally differs from the date it says on the letter from medical services ie ATOS. I explained this to the guy on the phone and he agreed that you do get longer than 3 weeks to fill the form in and send it back. Got the feeling this is going to turn into a coplete nightmare.
oorwullie
UKFM Member

Postby oorwullie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:52 am

Which basically means because Royal Mail were 1 day late in delivering my form all my money has been stopped and I have been classed as fit for work, and the DWP made this decision before my form was actually due in anyway. They better get this sorted out. To say I'm apopleptic with rage is an understatement. :shooting:
oorwullie
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:34 am

What a nightmare! :yikes: one flippin day!! :yikes:

What makes me laugh is they get you to do the calling round :nono: they should have been calling ATOS and finding out what the problem is. :roll:

keep those :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: going!! :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby oorwullie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:19 pm

I have now received a calback from the DWP. The guy I spoke to said he had spoken to ATOS and it appears my ESA50 form has now been lost by ATOS and not forwarded to the DWP. He also said he didn't see any problem with regards to my claim being reinstated by a decision maker, I now have to send my photocopied ESA50 form and supporting evidence direct to the DWP which will be going by registered post tomorrow. Fingers crossed it is now going to be sorted out.
oorwullie
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:01 pm

oorwullie wrote:Hello, as most regulars on here know i have been waiting ages for a medical. Finally got a letter in today from the DWP that they have not recieved my ESA50 and have declared me fit for work because of this and they have stopped my money. Now I sent the ESA50 along with supporting evidence back to them at the start of March. Where do I go from here?

As I found out when I was going through my husband's appeal paperwork the DWP are having ESA paperwork opened by the Royal Mail before being forwarded on to them. It may well be that it may have gone missing at the Royal Mail.

If anyone has their appeal paperwork, check the copy of your ESA and see if it has the Royal Mail Opened by stamp on it - I wrote a 3-page submission for hubby's tribunal and on it I asked that the tribunal noted that I thought it inappropriate that confidential personal and medical information be opened prior to sending on to DWP.
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby oorwullie » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:29 pm

Claim reinstated as of today. Will just have to wait and see what they do next as regards to a medical etc.
oorwullie
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits