Appeal waiting time

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Appeal waiting time

Postby Woodentop » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:34 pm

Really getting so fed up and down now. Been in a lot of pain lately and really am so annoyed with the DWP. Had my medical for ESA in January, got no points and sent my appeal in at the beginning of Feb. Decided this week to phone the DWP to find out how much longer I have to wait for a decision. After 5 attempts to get through, on various days at different times, I finally managed to talk to someone this morning ( hate to think what the phone bill is going to be like after hanging on for ages each time). All he could say was ' the waiting time at the moment is 6 months'!! What really worries me is being so short of money for at least another 3 months and then of course the real possibility that I will lose the appeal and have to go to tribunal which the last time I looked was a 15 month wait. If it wasn't for ATOS making a b***s up of everything none of this would be happening. I'm sure it's all this that's making me so bad. Not sure how much more I can take - the stress and worry is killing me. When will all these people ( and I'm talking about ATOS and the DWP ) realise that we are real people with real problems and not just a pile of paperwork? :(
Woodentop
UKFM Member

Re: Appeal waiting time

Postby denys » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Its because ATOS keeps failing everyone and so the appeal process gets clogged up unfortuantely :fingerscrossed: it wont be much longer :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby bumblebee57 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Hey Woodentop, Im with you all the way there. I get SSSOOOOOO depressed about it all, I worry and stress and cry myself to sleep a lot. Ive got about £1.50 left till next Tues and Ive had to put the dog on a diet coz theres not enough to feed him his usual amount, i had to decide if I needed milk more than something else. My son, bless him,gave me some money for petrol. Ive dropped £25 a wk since the change over from Income support (cant get I.B.) to ESA. Ooohhh, its all such a mess and a headache.And yeh, stress causes more pain,pain causes distress, etc etc. Good luck and we're all here for you.x
bumblebee57
UKFM Member

Postby Woodentop » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Thanks bumblebee, lets share lots of :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: with everyone who's going through this
Woodentop
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits