ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA

Postby rosehip » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:55 pm

help i have had a letter this morning saying i have been changed from incapacity benafit to esa. employment and support allowance . i avnt had a medical so how as this come about and what does it mean . somebody told me i will only get it for a year then i wont get any benafits at all x :roll:
rosehip
UKFM Member

Re: ESA

Postby bekwey » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi,
As far as I understand it, the ESA is the old IB, although there are two types - work related and something else (fog) lol! It will last more than a year, but you will be subjected to an ATOS assessment in the meantime. At least, that has been my experience so far :) I am hoping that, as my pension is due in 12 months, they will just leave me alone this year! What a waste of time and resources trying to get me back into work would be, when there are thousands of fit, young kids out there who can't find a job! The DWP priorities really baffle me at times :( :(
bekwey
UKFM Member

Postby DaveUK81 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi,

They are disbanding the following benefits, JSA, IS, & IB, there will be 1 universal benefit ESA with several tiers. You will be now on ESA (With Incap on-top), I lost my IB when I took on my sisters kids, I was put onto IS for Loan Parents with IB Top-up they have told me that between April 2012 & March 2014 all benefits will be shuffled it just look's like you are one of the 1st for it to happen to. They will still want you to goto the ATOS healthcare appointments whenever they request it but don't worry your money will stay the same :-D

Regards
Dave
DaveUK81
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Did you have a form sent to you a while ago rosehip that you had to fill in and return to DWP??? Or is this letter explaining that you will be receiving the form soon to be completed as you are being transferred from IB to ESA???
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby hipporae » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:43 pm

The two types of ESA are work related and Support Group. The ATOS medical determines which group you are put into. If you are put in the work related group and your entitlement to benefit is contribution based your entitlement to this benefit is for 12 months. If you are put into the work related group and your entitlement is income based, you will continue to receive the benefit as long as your income stays below a certain level. If you are placed into the Support Group you will receive the benefit.
hipporae
UKFM Newbie

Postby rosehip » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:38 pm

yes i filled a form in about 7 months ago x
rosehip
UKFM Member

Postby rosehip » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Can anybodt tell me what happens after a year xx :roll:
rosehip
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:58 pm

With you filling in a form, it would suggest that you have gone thru the migration from IB to ESA successfully, without the need for a medical. For not having to go for the assessment, they must have felt there was enough info with what you had supplied for them to make the decision.

Does the letter you have received say you have been awarded income~based ESA or contribution~based ESA?? Group~wise, have you been placed in the Work Related Activity Group or Support Group???

Depending on which group you have been placed in, and the type of ESA you have been awarded, this determines what happens in 12 months.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby rosehip » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:00 pm

contributation based x :?:
rosehip
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:44 pm

I also asked if you've been placed in the Work Related Activity Group (WRAG) or the Support Group, as depending on which group you're in determines what will happen in 12 months.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby juneville » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:13 pm

hi, i've just been placed in the working group again for the third time and you guessed it i won't be getting any money after 30th april. i am going to appeal for the support group, does anybody have any sugggestions what i should put in my letter. my medical lasted 1 1/2 hours an di have not worked since 2008 and my contracte within the nhs was terminated due to my illness on grounds of ill health. :-x
i ama qualified nurse and i am also fighting for my nhs pension. on the plus side i do get dla higher rate mobility an dlow rate care
juneville
UKFM Member

Postby juneville » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:30 pm

rosehip wrote:Can anybodt tell me what happens after a year xx :roll:

if you have been receiving conribution based esa in the working group for 365 days you money will stop at the end of april 2012. its the govenments new policy. don't quite know what we are suppose to live on after this, just hope you get into the support group :crazy:
juneville
UKFM Member

Postby rosehip » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:21 pm

do you think i could apeal for the support esa as they avnt even seen me for about four years x
rosehip
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:35 pm

juneville wrote:hi, i've just been placed in the working group again for the third time and you guessed it i won't be getting any money after 30th april. i am going to appeal for the support group, does anybody have any sugggestions what i should put in my letter. my medical lasted 1 1/2 hours an di have not worked since 2008 and my contracte within the nhs was terminated due to my illness on grounds of ill health. :-x
i ama qualified nurse and i am also fighting for my nhs pension. on the plus side i do get dla higher rate mobility an dlow rate care

if you are going to appeal their decision, the best thing to do is get in touch with somewhere like CAB or other similar organisations. They can help and advise with your appeal.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:37 pm

rosehip wrote:do you think i could apeal for the support esa as they avnt even seen me for about four years x

Pretty much the same advice for you as well rosehip. Contact somewhere like CAB, or other similar organisations, they should be able to help you wrt an appeal.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits