Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

wrag

Postby rosehip » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:44 pm

whats wrag benafit :?:
rosehip
UKFM Member

Re: wrag

Postby denys » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Its the work related activity group and it means you are to be helped back to work and will have to attend work related interviews and if you are on contributions based ESA then you will receive it for a year its supposed to support you back to work all very confusing :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Last edited by denys on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: got a word wrong
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby diane1 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:34 pm

Like Denys says its all very confusing even for the staff at JCP. If you have been placed in the "wrag" you may also find that you are in the wrag but with Limited work capabilities. It really doesnt mean any difference apart from they have to be more careful in placing you into a job and you will get a higher amount of ESA. Its a way they have of putting people with 15 points into the work group instead of the support group. If this happens find out how many points you got and if it was 15 ask for a reconsideration of the decision. I did and was moved into the support group.

Any problems just post it and i'll try and help.

:roll: :crazy: :roll: :crazy:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby wizzed53 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Hi, I was put on this and the poor woman at jcp still tried to put me back on the job i was medically retired from, due to fibro, lol
wizzed53
UKFM Newbie

Postby diane1 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi

If your in the WRAG and havent appealed it you can ask to be seen by the Disability Employment Advisor (DEA) who work in the JCP Offices. They are trained to deal with peple with disabilities and place them into suitable jobs or look at other avenues etc, They have more things available and have more training and information in helping people but are not always suggested as there is usually only one person per office. They will normally take over the interviews set up with the ESA people and can better advise you.

You can either ask at your next interview or call the office and request an appointment.
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby MichelleJ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi Diane, I'm still waiting for my decision letter but know I've been placed into the wrag group as rang for my decision. I've also recieved a copy of my medical today and in it is a form stating my points. I received 21 points. But despite her recognising all the help I need and that I spend a lot of the day in bed and how I struggle due to my fatigue and pain she went on to say there was no reason wy being in the wrag group and attending the interviews would be detrimental to my health and she expects a return to work is likely within the next 12 months as she says i'll improve enough with the right medication. I'm on loads of meds and still in agony and have been for a long time. Been off work since october 2010 and in that time i've only got worse so how she thinks i'm suddenly going to get better I don't know!

So do you think I should appeal to be in the support group. Also, my money stops on the 30th april cos my claims have been ongoing for over a year. My other question is how much does income related esa pay, is it the same? Hubby thinking of cutting his hours down to 16 to help me as need care and we think we'll be as well off if he does cos I'd qualify for income esa and more working tax credit. Cos I get dla he's allowed to work 16 hrs and still claim it.
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:09 pm

Its so maddening isnt it. If I was you I'd get the Reconsideration/appeal in now before your current ESA runs out that way you'll have to be on reduced payments until a decision is made. I'd also send in all the medical evidence you may have even if you've already sent it.

You should always ask for a reconsideration first as any errors they have made will have to be looked at and disclosed to you. You can then appeal to the tribunal if the reconsideration fails.

Having spoken to my source ;-) I have been advised to tell you to put in your reconsideration that you want to ask the medical practitioner if they can tell you what medication they think might put you on the road to recovery within 12 months as both your GP and Consultant have so far not managed to find this miracle drug. You should also include some information on fibro and fatigue and how you need to tailor your day so you dont do to much and push yourself and that working is therefore currently not possible.

I would also point out that the medical practitioner has stated that she feels you will be fit enough to return to work in 12 months. I would point out that these medicals are to assess your current capabilities, this is why they can send you for medicals at monthly ,quaterly or 6 monthly points if they feel your condition could change in these time frames. She should therefore not base her decision on how you MIGHT be in 12 months time.

Another point to make would be that stress plays a major part in fibro and that having to attend interviews puts added pressure on you and can cause a flare up of your symptoms. It would therefore be detremental to your health currently . I would add that you yourself do not know what the future holds and if a miracle drug is found that helps you you may at some point in the future be able to return to work but that is the point that is in the future and not now.

I used to be an Appeal writer for JCP so this is like being back at work, its starting to come back to me. You have to be careful with the words you use as this is how they will get you . Words like sometimes, and occasionally have different meanings ! so be very careful.

Good Luck you should win on reconsideration without going to appeal. As i've said before I worked there and had to ask for a reconsideration and won . The Atos people are just there to catch as many people as they can out to get you off benefit. Alot of people dont know how to ask for a reconsideration or appeal and dont know what to write so accept the decisions. This is what they are after.

Hope it works out.

Diane :goodluck1:
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby MichelleJ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Thanks Diane, that's very helpful. I feel more optomistic now, just need the official letter to come. got my medical, appeal form and payment changes through already so just waiting on that.
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits