[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Important information for people claiming ESA

Important information for people claiming ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Important information for people claiming ESA

Postby heavenlycherubs » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Can anybody help please that are familiar with the esa 50 questionnaire, I am struggling so much & finding hard to describe the Fibro & how it affects me in words. Any help would be so greatly appreciated or if I could talk to someone on a personal level too. gentle hugz to all & thank u x
heavenlycherubs
heavenlycherubs
UKFM Newbie

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Use the Benefits & Work web site which is run by a barister was able after paying a small fee get some very useful guide on how to fill out these very complex forms.

Web site is http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Tel1 » Sat May 11, 2013 2:01 pm

Just been reading your horror stories! Well just so that you are aware... in Bournemouth you don't have to pay the bedroom tax if you are on the high rates of DLA....so that's *something* I suppose in the right direction.. and of course it helps those who need it.. although I understand the rest of the country still have to apply for the extra top up payment! so I don't understand that at all?? I thought the whole country would have the same rules!?? Also regarding DLA/ESA .. Atos, do not make the final decision on claims it is the DWP who do that.. Basically if you don't know already... that Atos give the DWP their views on a person and the DWP make their decision based on their findings whether good or bad...I had a performance with Atos a while ago and then the DWP stepped in and said they were not taking the Atos report into consideration.... so always appeal if you are not happy with how they have assessed you. :-D
Tel1
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:01 pm

Was retired on ill health grounds last September and given a Works pension from October. There were a few issues with the pension & nothing was finalisied until after Christmas , so informed ESA folk in January of my final pension etc and asked then to review my claim . Rang today........there is a back log in assessing work related pensions that will probably only be started in June 2014 and it may take until Spetember to get through them .
Meanwhile I am continuing to get my ESA award.
I know I will get less of an ESA award due to being given my work pension meanwhile the amount I will owe them in back money continues to rise with each week that they have not reassessed my claim.

Any advice on what I can do ?
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:12 pm

Try to put some away if you can so that when it comes in you wont be facing as big a problem as you think
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby dolphintara » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:47 pm

hi eve 1

just a question , can you claim esa if your partner works full time please
dolphintara
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:30 pm

If your partner works full time, it will probably mean that you don't qualify for Income Related ESA, but if you have paid enough NI contributions, you may well qualify for Contributions Based ESA. Speaking to a Benefits Adviser/JobCentre Adviser should give you a clearer idea of what you could be eligible to claim.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby heatherjswiegers » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:14 am

Hello Lisa
I have got Pip, highest in daily living and standard on mobility.
I am waiting for my assessment for the Esa, I am very worried. These things are nerve rocking.
Thank for the literature.

Heather
heatherjswiegers
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:22 pm

Thats good news heather :-D :-D and good luck for your ESA :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby awindup » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:35 am

Hi nilly
Unread postby millymoodoo » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:03 pm
Hi Lisa

I wasnt aware that we would have to pay our own council tax!!! When is that effetive from? I really dont know what this is coming to it is scarey!!! I live in a 2 bedroom council bungalow and the only reason i was given a 2 bedroom is because i need my carer to sleep over on a frequent basis, its so wrong that we are being penalised for being disabled and needing the extra room!!! I love where i live its in a beautiful area and is so peaceful and quiet, all my neighbours are elderly so there is no noise or trouble.

Milly xxx

I understand that the council tax band for extende properties due to disability adaptations would be really assessed and also that in some areas the second room you need may not be judged as under occupied and therefore be subject to council tax benefit reduction (also wrongly named the bedroom tax) . Hope this helps. You have to challenge everything!
Big hugs
Paul
awindup
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits