Income support and dla

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Income support and dla

Postby angelxxx » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:50 pm

I am already on income support and have just been awarded dla (high rate mobility and middle rate care) will my income support go up or down and by how much?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
angelxxx
UKFM Member

Re: Income support and dla

Postby Carole » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:52 am

It is my understanding that DLA isn`t a means tested benefit and doesn`t affect other benefits either.
Carole
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:16 am

Im afraid not BUT contact the benefits advisor as you may be entitled to other benefits like premiums or higher housing benefit/child tax credits etc.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby robert » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:00 am

you will get an additional disability premiym which will increase your income support :-D
robert
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:23 am

robert wrote:you will get an additional disability premiym which will increase your income support :-D

I think you need be claiming ESA for added premiums but well worth speaking to benefits advisor. Also please be aware that when the universal credit come in they are abolishing the severe disability premium not sure about the enhanced. They are thinking of only attaching premiums to the supprt group of ESA.

This will mean thousands will loose out on these well needed additional benefits :(
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Adele » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:54 am

i am in receipt of income support and dla hrc and hrm. my income support has gone up to approx £170 a week because of premiums. they can forget to add on premiums so keep an eye on the dwp. i get a disability premium, a severe disability premium and disability income guarantee. the last one is probably for people on hrc but not sure.

so yes you are definitely entitled to premiums as long as no-one gets carer's allowance for you. these will be paid from the date your DLA started. phone up the number on your income support letter to check that they are aware of your award.
Adele
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits