ESA Income Based

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA Income Based

Postby Melbi_UK » Thu May 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi all
I'm hoping someone can help me out here as I am completed confused.

I was receiving contrtibution based ESA until 30th April (can no longer due to the changes made by the gov.) Well today I receievd a letter from the dwp stating that I can no longer claim contribution based esa and so they will be paying me income based. This is where I am confused. My partner works full time. I thought you couldn't get income based esa with your partner works 24 hours or more. They know he works full time as we went thtouhg all this when I first put my claim in. For the reason he wrks full time they said back then that I wouldn't be entitled to IB. So what could have changed? I haven't reported any changes in circumstances. my circumstances are exactly the same as when I first put in my claim 3 years ago.
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Re: ESA Income Based

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Are you in the ESA support group?

If so then im sure they carry on paying you but if your in the WRAG it stops :crazy:

I think therr confusing themselves with all the new rule and system

hope u manage to sort it out
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: ESA Income Based

Postby Melbi_UK » Thu May 03, 2012 7:02 pm

No, I'm in the work related group. The letter says:

Our records show that you have been getting contribution based employment and support allowance.

This ended on 30th April 2012. This is because you have received a total of 365 days contribution based employment and support allowance which the law says is the maximum number of days you can receive this benefit, unless you are in the support group.

We will pay you income related emplyment and support allowance from 1 May 2012 based on how much the law says you need to live on.

You will get £99.15 a week.

We will continue to credit you with National Insurance contributions while you get employment and support allowance. These credits can help you to qualify for benefits in the future, including your State Pension.
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits