esa is due to end :o(

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby pixiepixie1982 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:07 pm

hi guys,

im really tired, should go to sleep. but i really wanted to make a start on this first. sorry sorry if does not quite make sence.

ive just recived a letter that my esa is due to end on 24 th aug, i will have receved 365 days.

i was already in the process of appealing anyway. i faild my medical about january time and the citizens advice are dealing with it apparently. they basicaly twisted evry thing i said.

ive no idea what im suposed to do, im now 25 weeks pregnant, and ive developed really bad depression (not sure if pregnacy related or not)

all f this is really worring me as im really struggling to even put food on the table and fuel in my car (live in the country with no buses) all i know on a good day i could go out to work - on a bad i couldnt. if they take my money away i wont manage at all. :o(

i can see why they have to be strickt but its awfull, i wish i could work, would love to get out of the horrible system.

any advice would be great!! :O)
pixiepixie1982
UKFM Member

Re: esa is due to end :o(

Postby POSTIEGIRL » Thu May 03, 2012 9:23 pm

pixiepixie1982 wrote:hi guys,

im really tired, should go to sleep. but i really wanted to make a start on this first. sorry sorry if does not quite make sence.

ive just recived a letter that my esa is due to end on 24 th aug, i will have receved 365 days.

i was already in the process of appealing anyway. i faild my medical about january time and the citizens advice are dealing with it apparently. they basicaly twisted evry thing i said.

ive no idea what im suposed to do, im now 25 weeks pregnant, and ive developed really bad depression (not sure if pregnacy related or not)

all f this is really worring me as im really struggling to even put food on the table and fuel in my car (live in the country with no buses) all i know on a good day i could go out to work - on a bad i couldnt. if they take my money away i wont manage at all. :o(

I am in a very similar position. .. I failed my medical in February and appealing. ..

And also appealing... My contribution based esa stopped on Monday but am now claiming it on income grounds. Just phone them and let them know if you want to keep claiming on income grounds. .. I filled in a quick form and it was re insisted the same week my contribution based ended
POSTIEGIRL
UKFM Member

Postby Melbi_UK » Fri May 04, 2012 7:06 am

This is why I'm confused, I haven't been asked to fill in any forms or anything. I received a letter yesterday telling me my CB ESA ended on the 30th April and that they will now be paying me IB ESA. My hubby works full time so why have they automatically changed me from contribution based to income based. Confused! I'm going to have to pluck up the courage to ring them and tell them they have made a mistake, I hate phones as I really struggle to hear what people are saying and I also find it difficult to take in what the person is saying.
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby toplessbug » Fri May 04, 2012 7:14 am

I had the same happen to me. You can only get contribution based ESA for a year then the automatically change you to income based. My money has stayed the same but the name has changed that's all.
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Postby tortoise24 » Fri May 04, 2012 7:52 am

my esa cb finished on monday too and my hubby works over 24 hours a week its not a great wage and we have 2 children, we dont get any help with rent or ct havent a clue how were going to live just off his money we were struggling before they stopped my esa, i did appeal about me being in the wrag limited capability as i think i should be in the support group, i had a desicion maker call me yesterday to ask a few questions and she said i will know in the next 48hrs she said if she decides in my favour then the appeal is over if not i will get a letter for a tribuneral date? if it goes to tribuneral what do i do in the mean time?
tortoise24
UKFM Member

Postby Melbi_UK » Fri May 04, 2012 7:52 am

But surely you have to meet the criteria for income based?
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby lynn22 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi, melbi_uk, it sound to me like they have made a mistake, you could keep quite about it but the only problem will arise when and if the realise their mistake then you end up with a large bill owing them, it's a case of hobsons choice. My benefit also stopped on the 30th as my husband works. I have applied for JSA ( they can only make you apply for work the fits around your disability) this will only last for 6 months but if I get it then it buys a small bit of time and saves us at the moment from going bankrupt, after that god knows what we will do.
lynn22
UKFM Member

Postby Melbi_UK » Sat May 05, 2012 8:21 am

All this really upsets me and makes me so very angry. Yet again they have attacked the vulnerable. The sick are just too sick to protest, march, the real word is there but just won't come out.

I know charities have been trying to fight on our behalf but this hasn't been enough.

I wonder who will be the first person to take the gov. to court for causing all this hardship and stress.

I, like millions of others claiming esa have worked all our lives, we didn't ask to be ill. But here we are again being penalised for working. Never work and you can claim everything and never get it taken from you, work and you are time limited. How can they say that after 1 year you will be fit to return to work? Well they can't, so instead they say after one year you can get lost in society, this will lower the figures for people on the sick but it won't lower the figures of just how many people in the UK ARE sick!

If I know how I'd start a censor myself of just how many peple are sick but no longer are able to receive financial help from the government due to long term sickness.

Then I'd have them published for the whole world to see.

Demonstrations! that was the word I was looking for in first paragraph. :roll:

I'd not stop worrying if I didn't ring then dwp but going to wait and see if they do make a payment first. It could just be a misprint?

Sorry for ranting :yikes:
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby pixiepixie1982 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:08 pm

sorry for a late reply guys,
i actually went to stay with my mum in law so she could give me a hand with my toddler. was just too tired and sore to manage (and very stessed!!!)

i went to the CAB and she said there was nothing that could be done. :cry: she said it might be worth trying to claim DLA!!! im really scared though. i hate all this. i just want to be well enough to work again so i can be left alone!!!.

sorry to hear of all of you in the same boat. thanks for your advice!!! x x x x x x x
pixiepixie1982
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits