Final Day !!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Final Day !!

Postby tenpen » Tue May 08, 2012 8:37 am

Hi everyone

I am feeling really scared today as I have my Stage 3 review at work today and I have a feeling that i am going to be sacked on incapability. Just been diagnosed with Fibro and vitamin d deficiency and I have been off sick since nov'11. I believe that my work has conbrutitied to my illness as I have been doing 2.5 peoples work for over 2 years, I have taken out a grievance. I have got union rep who is going to ask for retirement on ill health but the OH doctor just laughed at the suggestion. I cannot stop shaking or feeling like i am going to burst into tears. Sorry about my moaning but I needed to write it down before i left for my meeting.

Thanks for listening
Tenpen
tenpen
UKFM Newbie

Re: Final Day !!

Postby Melbi_UK » Tue May 08, 2012 9:36 am

Hi Tenpin

I've been there myself so know what it is like. :(

Try and be strong and you will get through this. I was granted retirement on the grounds of ill health at my stage 3. At the time I was begging to be in work but they wouldn't let me as they said I just wasn't fit to be there.

I hope it all goes the right way for you.

Thinking about you. xx
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby Cfldjamie » Tue May 08, 2012 9:56 am

Back in April 2010, I had a return to work interview that turned into a Disciplinary meeting.
I had off the three months with illness, many of the symptoms I now know to have been Fibromyalgia.
My doctor had given me a return to work form, suggesting a phased return into work - this being in our Staff Handbook.
However, the CEO interpreted this clause in the Handbook being there for Training Staff, injured through work (i.e. Rock Climbing, caving etc), and not intended for admin staff.
He informed me that he expected me back at my desk FULLTIME, with immediate effect.
I was therefore given an all or nothing ultimatum, and decided to resign and leave with immediate affect.

I was a shame this was in April 2010 and not October when the new Equality Act came into force.
Cfldjamie
UKFM Member

Postby Kalynajane » Tue May 08, 2012 11:30 am

Awww hunni, I know exactly how you are feeling. I had the very same thing too and it is quite frightening, take a few deep breaths and don't be afraid to cry, it's only human and it will make you feel better! Get yourself something yummy on the way home to celebrate the fact it's over, gentle hugs to you hunni xx
Kalynajane
UKFM Newbie

Postby Carole » Tue May 08, 2012 11:36 am

Stress is the last thing a fibromite needs at the best of times ...so sorry you have to go through it and hope its worked out to your satisfaction Good luck x
Carole
UKFM Member

Postby aunty bun » Tue May 08, 2012 11:43 am

you will get through this is just another part of being ill hun ,i had a badtime with my employers was off work and kept goin backtoo soon and then i just went of again so theyvisited my hom enormaly two of them until finaly i was bullied,although i didnt realise at the time ,so i left and once again employers win and this was a supposedly top supermarket who empathised ,but like the rest it all comes down to money but hey hunyou just need toget on with it and remember we are all here for you ,sending youlovehunxx
:mrgreen: :lol:
aunty bun
UKFM Member

Postby bestnan » Tue May 08, 2012 1:50 pm

I know how you feel and I am sorry you have been treated so badly. Some firms need a kick where it hurts for their treatment of disabled people.

I have just gone through being finished due to incapacity. My work tried to find me something else but there was nothing, and as I work just 15 hours, I couldn't be compliant with less hours. I work in insurance. To make matters worse I have undergone tests for coeliac disease, because I couldn't keep off the loo and have CFS. It turns out I have gluten sensitivity, and all this has a knock on effect with FMS and my other conditions, asthma, under active thyroid and Ischemic Heart disease.

Work were really good with me, ensuring I have the right paperwork so I could claim ESA, which I have and I'm just waiting for my 13 weeks to finish to find out what group they are going to place me.

I find it hard not to work and I keep conning myself that I am fit enough to go back. I did a return to work and just lasted a week and a half before I had to go back on sick again.
bestnan
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue May 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Hope the meeting was not too stressful and you have got a favourable outcome :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Wed May 09, 2012 10:21 am

How did you get on :fingerscrossed: all went well
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits