ESA - no payment but am i still 'receiving benefit'?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA - no payment but am i still 'receiving benefit'?

Postby darkcyde » Sat May 12, 2012 10:04 am

Hi

I have another thread going which details the shocking hoops that I and many others have to jump through, but I have another question.

my claim for ESA contribution based was declined as I have not made enough contributions and my ESA income based was also denied as we have too much money coming in from my wifes Statutory Maternity Pay of about £130 a week. see thread titled ESA and DLA denied for info on that.

my question is, although they are not paying me any money, am I still technically getting the benefit.....as in are they paying my contributions during this time and am I entitled to free prescriptions and dental, etc, etc

they have still sent me an ATOS ESA50 to complete despite not paying me, so I'm a little confused on this matter. Also, if the ATOS lot find in my favour, there are premiums to be added to my ESA....do I get these as they are in addition to what they will pay in general?
Diagnosed : ME/FM, CFS,CPS, IBS, ADHD : Medications : Mirtazapine 45mg, Paracetamol 4gram a day, Omeprazole 40mg, Dompperidone 30mg, Morphine (tabs) 120mg, Morphine (liquid) 100mg twice a day
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Re: ESA - no payment but am i still 'receiving benefit'?

Postby Tinkerbell13 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:18 am

Hi,
I'm in exactly the same position because my partner works we have too much money coming in for them to pay me anymore!!!!
Yes, you will still be getting your stamp paid so in effect you are still receiving benefit! I rang just to confirm this as the letter didn't quite make sense!! If you have any doubts ring and check but like I say, as you're in the same position as me, then you are still getting national insurance paid xx
Tinkerbell13
UKFM Newbie

Postby busy mummy » Sat May 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Agree with Tink,

You should be getting contribution paid. If you can get a letter from them to confirm this you can then discuss it with HMRC and get your tax credits increased, you then may also be entitled to Housing or Council tax benefit.

Dont stop sending in sick notes a this will stop your claim.

Sarah x
busy mummy
UKFM Member

Postby darkcyde » Sat May 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Thanks for your replies.

How abbout the dental and prescriptions? At the moment I pay monthly for a Prescription Prepayment Card otherwise my meds would be costing me nearly £50 a month.....I would like to stop paying for the card if I don't have to.
Diagnosed : ME/FM, CFS,CPS, IBS, ADHD : Medications : Mirtazapine 45mg, Paracetamol 4gram a day, Omeprazole 40mg, Dompperidone 30mg, Morphine (tabs) 120mg, Morphine (liquid) 100mg twice a day
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Postby busy mummy » Sat May 12, 2012 1:12 pm

When you sort the tax credits they should be able to tell you.

If not you can make an application on an HC2(?) form direct to the NHS once you have your tax credit award.

Sarah x
busy mummy
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits