How much carers allowance

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How much carers allowance

Postby angelxxx » Mon May 14, 2012 4:54 pm

I have just been awarded dla - middle rate care and high rate mobility. We r already on income support £278 every two weeks and my hubby is aoplying for carers allowance. Will he only get the £30 premium cause of how much we r getting? Tried looking online and its a bit confusing....thanks
Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
angelxxx
UKFM Member

Re: How much carers allowance

Postby Treece » Mon May 14, 2012 5:07 pm

I have no idea for sure but just wanted to say well done, so pleased for you as I know its not about the money its about the quality of life that will lead to. Hope today is followed by many good days :-D
Treece
UKFM Member

Postby angelxxx » Mon May 14, 2012 7:48 pm

No..i agree its not about the money. My husband does a lot for me so watever money he will get is his...he deserves it

angelxxx
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Mon May 14, 2012 10:09 pm

i don;t know the details but someone else might but i remember people saying it releases other benefits by applying for carers even if you don;t get full amount.

make sure you let everyone know you getr dla - tax credits, housing benefit, council tax etc as some have disability premioums on them as well.

sorry not much help but well done good to hear theree are still success storeis with dla as not many seem to get through at the moment.

take care.
:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby millymoodoo » Tue May 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Hi Angel

The amount of carers allowance that your husband will get is £32.60 a week as you are claiming income support. Why are you not claiming ESA with you being ill? I don't really understand all of this but compaing what you get to mine you would be better off on ESA if you were put into the support group. I understand your partner claiming income support as he is caring for you but the amount you are getting to live on between you seems very low!!! Maybe someone else can help me out here!! It maybe worth getting in contact with CAB or disability support worker for advice regarding this.

Congratulations on your DLA award.

Milly xx :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby angelxxx » Tue May 15, 2012 7:33 pm

I have filled in a form for esa weeks ago but havent heard anything.

angelxxx
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits