WRAG - jobcentre interview

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

WRAG - jobcentre interview

Postby pixiecat » Mon May 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi

I have just been for my wrag interview with my "personal adviser" I was under the impression that the interview would look
at what I can and cant do and see if its worth sending me on courses etc?? well I was wrong :roll:

I had to go over my medical condition although not in too much detail it was more what when and what do i take, then my school exams and work history. I could just about remember half of it. :roll: :crazy:

then I was told I am being sent on a course -- expert patients programme-- to help me manage my condition - like I havent been doing that for the past 10 years and was told after that I will be looking at goint on other courses to help me get fit for work which the medical assesor decided from my esa50 form that in 2 years I will be cured and fit for work :crazy:
also told I have to attend job centre every 2 weeks to see how I am getting on!!

so much for not having to do much if you are in the wrag and my appeal could take about a YEAR !!!

I now need to go rest after having to sit for an hour in a badly ventalated room answering questions she should of had answers for.

Lorraine
pixiecat

Re: WRAG - jobcentre interview

Postby shirleyannmarie » Mon May 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi,

I'm going for my 1st interview tomorrow, let you know what happens at mine.

Shirley
shirleyannmarie
UKFM Newbie

Postby Atom » Mon May 21, 2012 2:46 pm

What you both need to seriously consider, and I am going to be doing this myself if I get put in any group, is that there is nothing that legally stops you from getting medical certificates from your doctor when you are incapable of working. Even if the muppets at the DWP tell you that you don't need to send them in, still get them. It will give you extra security and peace of mind. Plus, you can show it to the cretins at the DWP and then enquire where they, and you, stand insurance wise when your doctor states that you are incapable of doing what they want you to do.
Atom
UKFM Member

Postby pixiecat » Mon May 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Thank you both for your replys

I havent needed a sick note for quite a while now, dwp told me this a few years ago so that isnt open to me.

I do need to go to gp soon so will see what she can do to help other wise I think I am stuck following this great plan till my
appeal is looked at.

even inreceipt of dla with a carer does not seem to matter :roll:

good luck with your interview tomorrow

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby Atom » Mon May 21, 2012 4:03 pm

Pixiecat. I would still ask your GP for a medical certificate and would suggest that everyone does so. I think that the DWP try to use this situation, referring to them stating that you do not require a certificate, to their advantage. After all, what is a medical certificate for? It is basically an up to date description of your health and work capability provided by the medical professional, and I actually mean a real medical professional, that you see regularly. The DWP have no legal power that I am aware of, please correct me if I am wrong, to stop you from getting a medical certificate if you want to do so.
Atom
UKFM Member

Postby BlueBerry » Mon May 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Hey pixiecat I had same thing you had but this was when i was going thought my appeal jobcentre send me to this and I end up say no thanks it was basicly tick boxs say how ill I was and tell the lady I had fms it was like well nothing I can do for you ..... I was like what was the point of that.

Now that I am in Wrag group it like I got really good advisor she now off for couple of weeks so I get bit of a break. I mostly contact thought emails and she understand how many illness i got and that I have had 2 surgery in last month I am still get over my gallbladder one which was compensated stuck in there for 4 hours cause my gallbladder was stuck to my liver :shock: :-? .

Oh and off Tuesday how my eye surgery went I hope it good news I sick hospital I been in and out for 2 years !!!!! and 3 surgery in a year is to much :roll: :roll: :roll:

but I wish you luck and try not to worry which hard. but if your not up to it get a doctors note and let them know because they can't force you do out on wrag basic like Jan said who my advisor I said to her" you are babysitting me right ?" and she went "yup that it !!!!! " :lol: :lol:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits