ESA WORK RELATED INTERVIEW

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA WORK RELATED INTERVIEW

Postby rosehip » Tue May 22, 2012 7:05 pm

Been today and it was fine . Had a lovely lady who understood fibro and was very kind. She said not to stress she isnt sending me on any courses.She will see me again in 6 months time and as told me to appealto go in the support group .xxx :-D
rosehip
UKFM Member

Re: ESA WORK RELATED INTERVIEW

Postby Carole » Tue May 22, 2012 7:43 pm

Having been retired for quite some time and even before wasn`t very knowledgeable about the benefits system..one thing I do read it seems to be a nightmare of pot luck as to whether you get a fair deal
Its lovely to read for a change that you got treated with respect by someone with a little knowledge about your condition ...what a difference it seems to have made....may it continue!
Must be such a relief
Carole
Carole
UKFM Member

Postby Diddleymaz » Tue May 22, 2012 7:50 pm

Unbelievably good luck, so happy for you,a fair hearing! Shouldn't be down to luck though should it? I'm still reeling from winning my tribunals, I've been awarded full highest mobility and low est care, and ESA support. I've been this disabled for over five years just so relieved at last! But the system is so wrong.
Diddleymaz
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue May 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Nice to hear a good experience :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Carole » Tue May 22, 2012 8:49 pm

I keep hearing that some disabled are told they`ll br fit for work after going on courses.....one question with something like FMS when it comes to getting a job what employer in their right mind will employ anyone who can`t guarantee that they will be fit for work and can turn up on a regular basis .....I know I`m retired now but have had FMS symptoms way before it was even recognised and know without a shadow of a doubt I wouldn`t have lasted 5 minutes in a job when my symptoms got worse ....in fact I had to give my job up because of it!!
So when it comes to the point of the `job centre ` sending you for interviews ..if you are honest from the off and tell the prospective employer about your condition and how it affects your every day life...will you be accused of not trying to gain employment ?
Carole
Carole
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits