End of ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

End of ESA

Postby Flora1966 » Tue May 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Hi, I'm in the support group for ESA (income related) and I recieved a letter saying that Esa will end on April 13th 2013...That will be 2 yrs...Does anyone know what happens after that...I live alone and also get high rates of DLA..That will prob change when PIP is introduced..Can I claim income support as being single I was told I couldn't...So come next year I will be living off freash air :crazy: Forgot to add I had another medical 2weeks ago but haven;t heard back from them!!

Jules x
Flora1966
UKFM Member

Re: End of ESA

Postby lincx » Tue May 22, 2012 9:42 pm

if you are on Income related ESA isnt that the same as being on Income support, surely then your claim would just continue.. maybe under the heading of Income support only. You really need to check with the Job centre Plus (Or whatever they are called these days). they will be able to tell you the info as they will have your records.
good luck xxx
lincx
UKFM Newbie

Postby crazycat36 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:07 pm

If i was u id b phoning either citizens advice or welfare rights to organise a meeting to sort ur claim to make sure u get everything ur entitled to. hope u get things sorted soon
crazycat36
UKFM Member

Postby helen w » Tue May 22, 2012 10:18 pm

I was under the impression that if you were in the support group then your money would continue??Unless of course your condition improved and then you were placed in the wrag group.
So confusing :-?
My money stopped in April and I am now appealing to be put into the support group as I am not fit for work.
I have always had help from Welfare rights who have been brilliant and have taken a lot of the stress away.
The fact you are single and unfit for work should entitle you to continued benefits. My advice...get help!
Good luck
helen w
UKFM Member

Postby Melbi_UK » Wed May 23, 2012 11:00 am

Agree with Helen.

Your money won't stop after being on ESA for 12 months if you are:

a) on income based
b) in the support group.

The only way this can change is if you have another medical assessment done by ATOS and the the decision maker at the JCP thinks you should be moved to the work related activity group (WRAG) or sees you fit for work and stops your ESA.

I think they just sent those letters out to everyone, so I wouldn't worry about it, unless as I say you are moved from the support group to WRAG after completing the ES whatever form and having an assessment; in some cases you don't even get sent for an assessment. I haven't had one since my 1st one 3 years ago. They just write to me saying my esa will continue. I have just completed another of these forms and really expecting to be sent for an assessment this time as I have added some new illnesses.
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby Melbi_UK » Wed May 23, 2012 11:02 am

Actually as you are on income based ESA even if they moved you to WRAG you will still receive payments for as long as you are seen as unfit for work.
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby Melbi_UK » Wed May 23, 2012 2:07 pm

I've just been reading the other parts of ukfibromyalgia and found this that could be related to the letter you received Flora

http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/f60.htm
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby Flora1966 » Thu May 24, 2012 11:58 am

Hi, Thanks for the replies....

What the letter said was that my time limit for ESA will be up in April 2013....I have been in the support group since April last year...I had another medical 2weeks ago, they said it was part of the proceedure as I had been on Esa for a year.....I'm already disabled through something else now I have fibro to add to the list..... :crazy:

Jules x
Flora1966
UKFM Member

Postby Melbi_UK » Thu May 24, 2012 10:40 pm

Surely they haven't changed you over to the WRAG??

I'd ring the job centre tomorrow and ask if a decision has been made since your assessment 2 weeks ago. xx
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby Flora1966 » Fri May 25, 2012 2:56 pm

I have just recieved the letter from my medical, they are taking me out of the support group and putting me in the WRAG!!! Have been on the phone the them and asked for an appeals form....How can they change me to WRAG when my disabliity hasn't change from last time except that I now have Fibro!! I asked the lady on the phone and she said that I was lucky to get in the support group as they normally only put terminally ill people in it!!! Is she for real or what... :roll:
I haven't as yet been given any meds for fibro and the earliest I can see my GP is 8th June!!! I have been bedbound in absolute agony all week...Have just rung the docs but they won't see me, they are going to ring me instead at 4.20 :crazy: :crazy:

Jules x
Flora1966
UKFM Member

Postby Melbi_UK » Sat May 26, 2012 5:42 pm

They changed some of the descriptors back in March of last year making it more difficult to pass the assessment so you have been very lucky in that sense that you are still seen as unfit to work.

It is outrageous how they are treating people. Did you ask for a copy of the assessment and their findings? If not then phone JCP first thing Monday morning. You need to look through that for all the discrepancies and put a file together showing where they haven't assessed you correctly.
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby peanut » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 pm

ive been on incapacity benefit for 20 yrs and just been place in work support group. my fibro has been getting steadily worse and is absolute hell at the mo. phoned doc who said it was ridiculous.went to job centre interview and the lady said its obvious i should be in support group. have put another appeal in. they said they lost the first one. doc is writing me a statement for them.am severely clinically depressed too and had a spinal fusion that didnt work.being on internet makes the pain agony but i feel so alone.everyone knows stress makes fibro worse. i think we should all sue the gits
peanut
UKFM Newbie

Postby wolfstar » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:51 am

I'm still on IB at the moment, dreading the change though.

How the hell can some of you be put in wrag as,from the posts i've read so far on this forum you are as bad if not worse than me and my chances of even managing half a days work are bordering on the impossible.

If you could bottle fibro i'd take it and inject it in some of those MP's, see how they want to run this esa then :evil: :evil: :evil:
:coffee1:
wolfstar

Is fibromyalgia real :?:
YES, its painfully :scream-1: real :pull-hair:
wolfstar
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits