BMA Vote to end the WCA.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

BMA Vote to end the WCA.

Postby Atom » Wed May 23, 2012 4:39 pm

Have a look at this: http://socialwarriors.co.uk/2012/05/5163/ & http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/ ... t-scrapped

Not sure what the implications of this are.

Any suggestions?
Atom
UKFM Member

Re: BMA Vote to end the WCA.

Postby MonkeyFeatures » Wed May 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Fantastic!!! Something needs to drastically change, I think we'd all agree on that :roll:
Not sure of the implications though, hopefully someone else will be able to enlighten us! :-) x
I have Fibromyalgia, CFS/ME, HMS, Psoriatic Arthritis & Endometriosis. Yep I dont do it by halves!!

Mummy of 2 beautiful children My hubby is my rock!
MonkeyFeatures
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Wed May 23, 2012 9:00 pm

I have to confess. I'm excited that this is a positive step. If even the Doctors themselves think the WCA is medically wrong, that should help convince Joe Public (hopefully)!
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Woodentop » Wed May 23, 2012 9:27 pm

Wow -at last!! I'm sure GP's must be fed up to the back teeth with patients having to make appointments to get yet another sick note. Mine has just given me another one - this time for 3 months as I'm appealing the 0 points decision and will be waiting forever I think. He has actually been very concerned for me since it all started and my blood pressure is going up and up. Mind you, the government haven't taken any notice of what people are saying so far - their arrogance and ignorance is astounding - so I don't suppose they'll give in easily. :roll:
Woodentop
UKFM Member

Postby Melbi_UK » Wed May 23, 2012 10:55 pm

If it is anything like the national curriculum then I'm not holding my breathe. The gov. wanted to control how children were educated and took this away from the teacher, Headteacher. The gov introduced the NC and look what has happened since then! :roll:

What do the gov do? Well they make the SAT's easier, they base the english around boys as this has been proven to be a weak area for boys. Then they dropped science from the SAT's

GCE, A Levels have all been made easier and why? Well, becasue the gov. promised that by 2008 tst figures would rise by 80%, they didn't so they lowered the pass levels and made them easier. 2008 might be the wrong year, my memory fails me. I know I was doing a degree around that time and chose Literacy for my dissertation.

So will the gov listen to our GP's?? Doubt it :(

Would be great if they did though and we could be assessed properly and not through ATOS and their so called healthcare professionals and LIMA
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits