ESA support group contribution based?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA support group contribution based?

Postby tortoise24 » Fri May 25, 2012 7:58 am

hi everyone, im hoping someone on here could advise me today please as im not sure whats going on??
i was oringinally on WRAG contributionn based, and like many of you was told as of 30th april; 2012 it will stop.
on the 13th march i had lodge an appeal to be put into the support group, i recieved a phone call from DWP from a decsison maker and was told id hear from her in the next few days ( heard nothing)? the 30th april came and went and my money stopped im not entitled to income related as my husband works full time plus overtime for miniumum wage!
i called DWP yesterday and they said the descison was turned in my favour and im in the support group and that i have been since 13th march? ive never recieved any payment to reflect this nor have i recieved any money since 30th april??? so someone called me back and went on about WRAG and me not being entitled to income related i tried to explain im in support group why im a not getting contribution based??? he said he would refer me to medical team for appeal to support group!!! ARGHH so i called back, the women wasnt sure on guidelines for support group contribution rate and shes forwarded it again to the team whom are calling today between 9 and 12, this time she is making clear ive been in support group sinc march 13th and ive had no contribution money to reflect this at all. so now what do i do it seems all these new rules and the DWP staff have not a clue?
tortoise24
UKFM Member

Re: ESA support group contribution based?

Postby helen w » Fri May 25, 2012 1:15 pm

I will be very interested to hear the reply. I am appealing to get into the support group as I am under the impression that your money continues as you cannot work, wether you were on contribution or income related esa. No wonder they re changing the system....they don't understand it themselves!So in your case I think you should be receiving money. Keep us posted :-?
helen w
UKFM Member

Postby tortoise24 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:04 pm

ok so i got my phonne call from a lady who sounded like she hadnt got time to talk to me and was brief, yes you are in the support group, they have been so busy thhats why my payment hasnt been sent, she said shes sending it over to the right team and that i will have my money in my account by then end of the working day............................... well ive just checked my internet banking and no money??????? looks like i have another phonecall to make, why do they do this ive had no money for 1 month now i was looking forward to my mum taking me food shopping looks like i cant go!
tortoise24
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Sat May 26, 2012 12:52 pm

sorry to hear
it is all a big mess

hope you will get some money by monday
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Melbi_UK » Sat May 26, 2012 5:33 pm

Just be sure to check you get back pay from 13th March when they finally do pay you. If you have no luck come Monday contact your local MP, give him permission to act on your behalf. You just have to sign a paper to do this. If doing it online via an email they will email you the form, you print it out, sign it, scan it and send it back via email.

Good luck x
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits