Moved from Support Group ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Moved from Support Group ESA

Postby Flora1966 » Sat May 26, 2012 11:49 am

I have just recieved the letter yesterday from my medical, they are taking me out of the support group and putting me in the WRAG!!! Have been on the phone the them and asked for an appeals form....How can they change me to WRAG when my disabliity hasn't change from last time except that I now have Fibro!! I asked the lady on the phone and she said that I was lucky to get in the support group as they normally only put terminally ill people in it!!! Is she for real or what..
Also got a letter this morning for my first work related interview. my god they didn't waste any time :crazy:
Flora1966
UKFM Member

Re: Moved from Support Group ESA

Postby fibro-lu » Sat May 26, 2012 12:38 pm

hi flora

don't know about all that yet in person but might be that I remember that someone mentioned that (sorry)

if this happens (being changed) keep getting your doctor's note and hand them in
if you doc says that your not fit to work than you are not fit to work
don't know about interviews

all the best and don't let them spoil your weekend and the sunny weather

lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby POSTIEGIRL » Sat May 26, 2012 1:59 pm

My doctor had a letter from dwp informing him that he must not give me any more sick notes!!!!
POSTIEGIRL
UKFM Member

FMS

Postby sjc » Sat May 26, 2012 3:26 pm

Hello, there. I would definately appeal, as that's appalling. I find that strange to do that to you, and it just goes to show that the DWP plays with people's life, sadly. I can definately understand why you are concerned - i would be if they do it to me. Take care. Xxx
Sick of being sick, if you know what I mean. Anger keeps me going! I love campaigning for the rights of those with hidden disabilities. Enjoys talking to other like minded people - well, if you are sane, anyway :)
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby Melbi_UK » Sat May 26, 2012 5:26 pm

This is a prime example of what happens when they change the goal posts. From March 2012 they brought in the new descriptors, making it even more difficult to pass an assessment.

As for the WRAG, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have been in that group for 3 years :shock: I rarely attend any of the interviews they ask me to go to. Mainly because most days I have nobody to take me and I won't leave the house without someone being with me. I just explain the reason and always give them the choice to come and visit me at home. They just tell me not to worry about it and make me a new appointment for the month after. Other than the slight decrease in money and these interviews where they have never pushed me to do any sort of work or course (and I'm sure I read somewhere that while in the WRAG they cannot make you either) there is no difference.
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby Flora1966 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:53 pm

I just recieved a letter to tell me why they have changed me from Support to WRAG...

Julie Chapman scored 15 points from the appropriate discriptors and has limited capability for work, by reason of her condition none of the descriptors set out in schedule 3 of the ESA regs apply to her and her capability for work related activity is not limited..

This is what I have found out..
The 'limited capability for work-related activity' test will be satisfied if any one of the following conditions apply. Anyone meeting the conditions will qualify for the 'support component' which is worth more in monetary terms than the 'work-related activity component'. People who get the 'support component' will not be required to take part in 'work-focused interviews' or the 'work-focused health-related assessment'. The questions are a series of yes or no answers.

I can answer 3 of them..Because of IBS i have accidents and I also have bladder probs which means I can have an accident twice a day and I need help showering and washing my hair....Which is one of the questions asked
Why are these questions not asked at the medical....These accidents are new and have just started in the last couple of weeks...I want to appeal but don't really know how to word it...I feel embarrased enough as it is....I'm only 45 and wet myself :crazy: :crazy: I feel a total failure in life...I have a docs appointment on 8th june as they need to sort out meds for fibro and I need to disguss the bladder probs and they shaking right hand and leg that I have....OMG my body is falling apart.....
Flora1966
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Thu May 31, 2012 11:39 pm

flora,

sorry to hear about your new problems and i know how you feel.

its bad enough going to the drs as it is nevermind wiht more sensitive issues, took me ages to admit my depression and even then did not tell him i had had suicidal thoughts, eventually mentioned to my cbt therapist.

but it is so hard to do isn't it.

take care and hope things improve for you. :-) :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits