Dismissed from job - DLA medical at home

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dismissed from job - DLA medical at home

Postby claireh18 » Wed May 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi all

I've recently been dismissed from my job due to being off sick for 9 months with fibro and being incapable of doing my job :cry:
I am in the process of appealing my DLA decision, but have received a letter from Medical Services telling me that an approved health care professional will be contacting me to arrangew a visit in respect of my claim. I have no idea what to expect at this visit, can anyone advise? In the letter it says that it is to assess the effects of my disability and how much help i need during the day/night/getting around.
It also says a physical examination may be required...surely the letters from my consultant rheumatologist(s) etc is enough? :roll:

I am not looking forward to this but is there anything i need to know or be aware of re the visit?
THanks in advance! :-)
claireh18
UKFM Member

Re: Dismissed from job - DLA medical at home

Postby crazycat36 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:12 pm

ur best to hav someone with u to like open the door and stuff for u and incase u get the dreaded fibro fog when there in, make sure its someone that knows what ur battling with everyday and night so that u can get ur point accross and even if ur having a really bad day tell them its a really bad day. they well just go through ur form and mayb ask u to clarify some details dont worry if u get in a tangle though just say for god sake i can do without this ud b better leaving as uve already made ur mind up ull find that ull get something, i had to go to a meeting for my claim and they got me in such a state i told them that they could keep there bloody money ive managed fine without it up till now and the stress isnt helping my condition....they begged me to sit bk down and then was sent to waiting area for them to decide 2mins later i was called bk in but my mother went in for me as the walk along was to much for me and i got high rate mobility and low rate care was told id of got nothing but for the way i told them to keep there friggin money, so it can pay off being a tad bolshy xx
crazycat36
UKFM Member

Postby caz666 » Wed May 30, 2012 3:09 pm

Talk in the negative all the time, if they ask how far can you walk before you have to rest because of pain, reply in the negative, by saying I "cannot" walk more than. If they ask if you can touch your toes or ask you to do it, say you cannot because of the pain it causes, and you would rather not try, etc., etc.
caz666
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Wed May 30, 2012 3:46 pm

I had a DLA medical at home I told the them how FM affects me and how the many symptoms of affect my life. My eldest son was also present during the meeting.

I was honest, did not need to exagerate my symptoms and the medical went well.

Awarded HRM and LRC for 2 years. To be honest I was more than happy with the decision though in hindsight, if I had appealed, I think I would have got MRC............thought but best not to rock the boat at the time.

Try not to worry

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Thu May 31, 2012 2:42 pm

well odne guys, :mrgreen:

good to heaar some postivie stories to give us hope - just need it for tomorrowl

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby claireh18 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi guys

I have jost got the letter with my medical appointment at home, it's on 26th June.
Kind of dreading it abut also at least something is happening now. I will just be honest, but anyone else got any more tips? :-)
claireh18
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits