Applying for dla

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Applying for dla

Postby Mccoll2u » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi guys I have been advised to apply for dla by social services and my physeo decided I may aswell give it a shot but im sure I read it somewhere that its best to wait till you had one of those atos things I have done a couple of month back but yet to have the results does this really matter or should I wait ,?
Mccoll2u
UKFM Member

Re: Applying for dla

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:37 pm

Hi
Apply for DLA now, (i will move this post into works & benefits & dwp section as we have lots of info here) :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby TeeferTiger » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:56 pm

Apply now, the ATOS thing is a load of rubbish IMO. Get them to get details from your GP (so they can ignore them) and then get ready to fight!

Good luck xxx
TeeferTiger
UKFM Member

Postby tracey11 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi apply for the dla now!!! Don't hang around,it may take some time.
Good luck x
tracey11
UKFM Newbie

Postby adelesmith » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:10 pm

Apply now, cause when they change it pip next yr a lot of us on dla will loose it or get it reduced, so get what u can while u can :-)
adelesmith
UKFM Member

Postby jane.k » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:03 pm

apply now and if possible get help from c.a.b with filling in the forms. i did and i got it first time x
jane.k
UKFM Member

Postby Mccoll2u » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:06 pm

On the phone now to request a claim pack already been cut of once after being on hold for 20 mins :-( success the form is being sent out
Mccoll2u
UKFM Member

Postby pjf7560 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:27 pm

I was told on the 27th April that I had Fibromyalgia. But I knew long before that, that I had it. as my sisters friend told my that I should go to the Doctor and asked to have me assessed for ME/Fibro. I went to the Dr and asked if I could be assessed for ME/Fibro, to witch she said "we won't going down that road" and the subject was completely ignored.

I had a MRI scan Aug 2011 and the result was that I'm in good health!! as I said to the Dr I have nothing wrong with my bones its the muscles I have pain in. when the results for the MRI came back to my Dr he said " there nothing wrong with your back and you should get back to work, I was so angry that I just walked out on the surgery, three week later I had an appointment with my diabetic nurse, I said to her about the pain and other symptoms she said to make an appointment with my Dr and see if I can go to the pain clinic at the hospital.

so I made an appointment, the day of the appointment my Dr was off sick. and they didn't let me know, so I sat in the waiting room for over an hour after my appointment should have been. there was 3 of us sitting like lemons, the receptionist asked why we where still sitting there as the surgery was closed for lunch, just than a young lady Dr walked in the room and said I'll see them. when I walked in she asked me what was the problem and I told her all the pain and symptoms I was having . as soon as I was finished she said Fibromyalgia. a few weeks later I was diagnosed at my local Hospital in Gosport. as my sister's friend had told me to see a Dr about it I had already applied for DLA. I'm still waiting. I phoned the Dr this morning and they still haven't set my report back to DLA so I will waiting for a good while yet :sleep:
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split into paragraphs for easier reading
pjf7560
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits