Tribunal waiting time

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tribunal waiting time

Postby Woodentop » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:38 pm

Haven't been good at all lately and then I get a letter about my ESA tribunal which I have to fill in and send back. There is a little box to tick if I no longer want to go through with it, but if I do , the centre I will be going to has one of the longest waiting times - 40 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are they for real ? I suppose they would like me to tick the box, but with all I've been through I won't give up even though I'm sure with all the worry about this and the lower rate of benefit ( I was on IB ) it's the cause of my almost constant flare. I'm so tired of being treated like this and the DWP have still not addressed the issues I raised from my assessment ( I sent in 6 pages of lies and inaccuracies with my appeal )
Welfare rights have said they'll come with me to the tribunal, but I'm worrying about it already, thinking that if I fail I will have to start all over again.
I don't know whether to just wait or phone the DWP and ask why they are ignoring what I said. I think I have the right to have all the issues I raised addressed, but then again do we have any rights if we're trying to claim benefits? Probably not, as they think we're the scum of the earth :-x
Woodentop
UKFM Member

Re: Tribunal waiting time

Postby claireymouse » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:39 am

hi....i have my tribunal today at 3....i have waited about 14 months for the pleasure of it arriving! I am absolutly dreading it and it has made me so poorly. I feel that fighting and having to prove yourself for the pleasure of 62 pounds a week is a slur on our human rights......i have never been on benefits and the only reason i am is because my husband left me 2 years ago ...prior to that he obviously supported me financially . Hope all goes well for you....i know today will be a waste of time but hey ho !
claireymouse
UKFM Newbie

Tribunal waiting time

Postby Just-JJ » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:37 am

Best of luck today clairey x
Just-JJ
UKFM Member

Re: Tribunal waiting time

Postby animalhouse » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am

good luck clairey,

mine was about a year. orgingally sent me a letter saying about may - it was august.

funnt thing was when i finally passed after appeal, i didn't get anygthing as we were means tested :roll: :roll:

and now they stilu use original crap test on my dla that ends up being a battle as a reslt of esa medical.

good luck and don;t do anything causes pain and caareful they are watchign you as you go in. even asking how you got there and who with, how do you feel. so don;t get taken in by their chit chat or small talk they are assessin gyou all along.

:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits