No Medical BUT back to WRAG

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

No Medical BUT back to WRAG

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:47 am

There was me answering DWP quiries on here when the post man arrived and dropped that dreaded form thro the door!! :pull-hair:

I only started claiming benefits last april due to a mariage split and needing to live off something. I was knew to the system so when i had my medical which is standered for new ESA cases i got grilled for over an hour!! :shock: every question you could of ever think of i got! even down to how many times i go to the loo etc...

Anyways luckily i passed and was put into the WRAG saw a JC manager for my interview and was in and out 10mins as she could see i was not fit for work and never been called up since.

April i had a renewl, back to >> :pull-hair: been sittin waiting 3months for a reply :shock:

Got the letter this morning to say im stayin in WRAG .... so no medical for me!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

BUT i think its time to push for support group. I mean i dont wanna rock the boat as i feel i have done well so far BUT my new symptoms mean i am more limited in my mobility and more pain BUT to confirm my new diagnoses i am awaiting an MRI

Now the GP has diagnosed me with prolapsed disc pinching the nerves do i appeal as circumstances changed since april and push for support group yet iv not had an MRI to confirm GP diagnoses? i suppose whatever the diagnoses they have to go on symptoms! so...

I think i will wait to see the jobcentre and see what they say. Another one is the new universal credits comes in soon and i will need to be in the support group to get into a higher bracket (jeeez bloody complicated system)

Musnt grumble cause i am thrilled just to stay on ESA and not to go thro another medical (for now)
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: No Medical BUT back to WRAG

Postby helen w » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:27 pm

I think you only have a certain amount of time to make an appeal on their decision to put you in the wrag group if you think you should be in the support group. I am in the process now of trying to get into the support group,but I know it is nearly impossible unless you have a terminal illness which I think is so unfair which is why I am appealing. Anyone in the support group with fibro on here???? Would be great to hear from you.
Keep us posted on your decision and progress and good luck. xx
helen w
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:51 pm

please dont take this the wrong way but to say you have to be nearly terminal illness to get the support isnt exactly true. i know of alot of people who r in the support group. several of them are young and have fibro. some of them though have other complex things wrong with us incluiding multiskeletal problems etc. at the end of the day all you can do is be trueful tell them that the illness fluxuates from day to day. one day you can do xyz then next you are in bed etc. tell them if you cna walk and how far ifin pain how far can you walk before your in pain ,if youar in painright from getting up to walk tell them. i had no reports or nothing to back me up. just filled out the forms had a medical . when i asked my gp if they had been contacted for th esa reports she answered that nine times out of ten they are not asked. she hadnt had a question for esa for nine months. so it just goes to show that alot of the paperwork is needed as they dont always get the gps to answer. unless needed.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby rosehip » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am

hi lisa , i thought we only got esa for a year .xx
rosehip
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:34 am

rosehip wrote:hi lisa , i thought we only got esa for a year .xx

Im sure this is if your on contribution ESA & have a full time working partner

I am in income related ESA

I have decided to stay on WRAG and appeal for support group next time. By then i would have had my MRI and more info/professional letters to back up my new symptoms and mobility problems. I am also awaiting SS to raise the chairs and put in handles in shower so all this will be done by then. I feel i will have a better chance as i'll have everything to hand where as now its still all up in air.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby sootybean56 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:20 pm

hi lisa just seen your post
in may i got placed in wrag
so i wrote asking them to look at it again as i felt i should be in support group
last thursday had to go for interview at jobcenter
person who i saw was really nice only there 20mins
said they will do telephone interview in august

anyway outcome of me asking them re support group
got phonecall from dwp today they have now put me in support group

you need to write and ask them to look at it again
or appeal using gl24form you can ask them to send you this

good luck :blowkiss:
sootybean56
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits