ESA Question

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA Question

Postby Bobbi08 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi all,

Hope you don't mind me asking, did anyone have a atos medical in Feb? And if you did when did you hear??

My money stopped on 8th June and by 11th June I had still not heard so started chasing them. Had a lovely lady from the contact centre help me chase them for 2 days by the second day at 3pm they called finally to tell me I scored 0 points and this was decided on 17th April and it's a back log the reason I hadn't heard!!!

My point is if on ESA and no decision had been made by the time it runs out this goes in your favour and you may be entitled to arrears at the wrag rate! Pointed this out to the woman and she said no you don't I told her to go back and read dwp new rules around ESA contributions!!

So it would be interesting to hear when you all heard xxxxx
Bobbi08
UKFM Member

Re: ESA Question

Postby tanyaj » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:45 pm

hi i heard within about 2 weeks of my medical hun xx
tanyaj
UKFM Member

ESA Question

Postby Bobbi08 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:08 pm

Thank you for the info.... X
Bobbi08
UKFM Member

Postby shortnsweet54 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:48 pm

i had medical over a year ago and heard 2 days later!!! Oh we'll be contacting you in a couple of weeks..... post was nearly there before i was. got another wretched medical with Atos tomorrow so will have appeal forms and appt with Citizens Advice on standby. After the last shambolic episode with Atos am not getting my hopes up.
See the point you're making re back pay, wonder if these depts really know what is going on and how many people are not getting their due. If you weren't up to speed you wouldn't have been able to tell what was what
good luck and take care
Jan H xx
shortnsweet54
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:13 pm

When i first clamined i was in the assessment phase and i heard 2wks after my medical the decision. I think new claiments hear sooner.

My friend had a medical back in march i think and not heard anything!! thats 3months now :shock: :-? but they were on IB to ESA transfere so they seem to keep them people waiting longer as there already on the system.

Its all :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

:goodluck1: shortnsweet for your medical tomorrow

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby sootybean56 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:02 pm

hi i had my medical in may
it took 2 weeks for outcome
they placed me in wrag
i asked them to look at it again now in
support group :blowkiss:
sootybean56
UKFM Member

ESA Question

Postby Bobbi08 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:00 am

Hi everyone,

Thanks for, that. Thing that gets me is that I had rung several times during April and May chasing and each time they told me no decision had been made.

Sooo how did they make a decision on 17th April. The date on the form which states the points for each section is dated 12th June!!!!

Will be ringing them again today for some more info!

Thanks again
Bobbi08
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits