Blue Badge - Renewal

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Blue Badge - Renewal

Postby Carole » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:38 pm

There have been changes to the application form for a blue badge as of January 2012 and its more like a DLA application though not as long The question on walking is just the same :- "How far can you typically walk before needing to stop , feeling severe discomfort or needing assistance from another person?" How do you answer that because I can`t put a distance on it because after getting ready to go out which isn`t often I`m exhausted before I start
I really don`t know what `distance` to put as I dont think they`ll accept a `nil` which is what I should put as we all know we don`t do anything without pain and exteme tiredness I have put in the question box that I`m in pain 24/7and on pain relief all the time even before I start to walk and I also suffer from chronic fatigue which also inhibits the distance I am able to walk

Please can anyone advise how to procede as I`m at a loss as to put how many metres (don`t do metres at the best of times I`m a yards feet and inches old crock! )
Thanks
Carole
Carole
UKFM Member

Re: Blue Badge - Renewal

Postby denys » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Sorry Carole I would get some advice from CAB/DIAL etc. it only needs to be over the phone, if you cant walk at all without pain then the answer as you already said is nil but check with the experts :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Carole » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:14 pm

Thank you Denys
Just looking in section 3 of the form (last time I filled it in it was just one page! ) it says `eligibilty is subject to further assessment ` looks like this is going to be as difficult as DLA was ..but when I first got it I had a medical ..so looks like there`s going to be another one!!
Carole
Carole
UKFM Member

Postby mabel » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:50 pm

....nightmare! - i was refused badge last year because of the walking question. I am struggling without the badge - like you by the time im ready to go out am already exhausted from walking around house preparing etc. I clearly said this and about the chronic fatigue. There was no parking facility near the place where i was interviewed and of course do not have badge. They asked where i left car then? i told her it was about 5 minutes up rd in a supermarket car park which was nearest place but i was aching and stiff when i got there and said i'd had to stop and crouch down twice to relieve my back and i often have to do this in supermarket etc.
Unfortunetly i was refused and i am very upset that i cannot go out and park easily.
mabel
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:03 pm

hi i finaly got my application today after asking for one 7 weeks ago.

my friend is getting me the address for somwhere called disc dont know what it stands for but they help you fill it in.

good luck with yours xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Carole » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:30 pm

Thank you I think we`ll all need luck on our side from now on just as we do with the DLA applications...I had my badge well before I started to get DLA after going through a medical ...I`ll find it difficult without it if they don`t renew its not that I use it that often because I rarely go out unless I have to, nevertheless I`d miss it :-(
Carole
Carole
UKFM Member

Postby Carole » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:51 pm

Well I did try to put my result in as a new topic thought I`d succeeded but I can`t find it so goodness knows where I`ve posted it!!

Anyway my worries were unfounded as I got my new badge through this morning. Once I saw the forms had changed and were more probing as opposed to before when it was only one form where you told them you were still in receipt of HRM on DLA, now they are more like DLA forms asking many more qestions and wanting GP proof of medication being prescribed. I`m so relieved I lknow I don`t go out all that often but when I do I don`t want to expend all my energy on walking miles to and from a car park!!
good luck to anyone else applying
carole
Carole
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits