DLA recon-24hrnotice medical at a centre

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA recon-24hrnotice medical at a centre

Postby wobblycat » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Can any one give help or advice-Iam shot!

Applied for DLAin Feb turned down less than 3weeks.Went to CAB unhelpful advised reconsideration.Did this on my own& DWP agreed.Said it would take up to !!weeks &not to contact themuntil after then.

!!weeks is up next wednesday.Got a letter in May said needed to get report from GP,Only recently registered with new GP due to house move so she wouldnt know what my mobility & care issues are.Checked with surgery & confirmed report was sent.

Had phone call just now asking me to go for a medical at a centre tomorrowat 2pm was shellshocked at short notice .have rung DWP reason said GP report not full enough.Rang centre asked for home medical refused needed a full report from GP as to why Icant attend the centre.GP already not sent good enoughreport so no choice to agree.

Please could any one give me some advice as Ifeel everything is stacked against me &have read plenty of horror stories on here.Thx for reading take care all.
wobblycat
UKFM Member

Re: DLA recon-24hrnotice medical at a centre

Postby denys » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Firstly wobbly try to calm down the stress is coming through loud and clear from your post and it is no wonder. Every medical etc is different lots of people seem to be getting some positive results so, is there anyone who can go with you???

If you use a wheelchair, crutches, or stick make sure you have them with you. Explain everything you find difficult or are unable to do and :fingerscrossed: you'll be OK :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby MCT » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:51 am

If you have a copy of your completed DLA form you should read it through before you go for the assessment to remind yourself what you have written down. Try & take someone with you who can act as a witness to the assessment. If you do need to appeal it's useful to have the views of someone else who may have picked up on something that has happened during the assessment that you've missed or forgotten about.
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby wobblycat » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:39 am

Thx for replies.Had to cancel this am.Hubby & I both had nasty virus which Ihave shaken off but Hubby who is diabetic has been on anti biotics since Monday is stillreally rough.

Coulnt get to centre bymyself &heeded your advice MCT about taking someone in with me &hubbby just not well enough.Would feel so guilty passing on germs to that Atos lot!

Really struggling atm so need allthe help Ican get so will wait for next appt hopefully not 24 hrs notice again.Thx again
wobblycat
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits