Change of circumstance form

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Change of circumstance form

Postby noonoo » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:08 am

Hi everyone

I have recently been awarded hrm and lrc after attending tribunal, but was only awarded the benefit until april 2013, this means i cannot get a mobility car which i need because i only have ten months left on my claim, The dla have said they will send me a change of circumstance form to see if they will extend the length of my claim.

I just wondered if anybody else has been in this situation and how things had worked out for them.

all and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
noonoo
UKFM Member

Re: Change of circumstance form

Postby wendylou » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:40 am

Hi
I suspect the reason why you have only been granted DLA until April 2013 is that is changing to PIP after that date in some areas.
wendylou
UKFM Member

Postby darkcyde » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:13 am

This is very sneaky of them if that is the case.....I wonder how many other new applicants are being granted up to April 2013....and I also wonder how quickly these people will be reassessed at that time, and if there would be any delay in between.
Diagnosed : ME/FM, CFS,CPS, IBS, ADHD : Medications : Mirtazapine 45mg, Paracetamol 4gram a day, Omeprazole 40mg, Dompperidone 30mg, Morphine (tabs) 120mg, Morphine (liquid) 100mg twice a day
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Postby noonoo » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:30 pm

could someone pls explain to me what pip is, i am now really concerned, it has taken me almost two years to get this benefit and as we all know the process is so difficult and traumatic, i won at the tribunal hearing but they grilled me for over an hour and a half and i had a representative from mind with me who has helped me through this whole process.

I will of course ask the chap from mind to help me with the change of circumstance form. its just that when you feel you are getting somewhere they (dla) drag you back down by your legs which dont work very well to begin with and make you feel like pooh all over again. Thanks for your advice and support guys its much appreciated.
noonoo
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:35 pm

PIP is the new benefit that is going to replace DLA, IB and everything else its a universal payment thing, http://www.dwp.gov.uk/policy/disability ... e-payment/ this explains what it is
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits