ESA appeal

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA appeal

Postby mica8633 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:28 pm

HI
Could anyone help me. I,ve been put in the WRAG group and was told on the phone by a JCP lady that if I was going to appeal the decision as I think I should be in the Support Group that whilst the appeal is being decidied that I would not have to attend any interviews etc untilthe appeal is heard.
Is this correct?
Its just that i have received a letter with an interview with an advisor and not sure what to do about it as don't know whether its a mistake or not.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
mica8633
UKFM Member

Re: ESA appeal

Postby Treece » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:44 pm

I have appealed my ESA and I have not been sent to see anyone at all while waiting for appeal... If I was you I would ring the place were the appointment is and tell them you have appealed... they should defer... better still get someone to ring for you.

I would then ask ESA to confirm in writing ... even if this is by email. just to cover your back.

Good luck with your appeal xx

Treece
Treece
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:51 am

I agree with treece, ring them and get everything confirmed in writing as you dont want anything to jump up and bite you later, :fingerscrossed: they will sort everything out for you :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby mica8633 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:43 am

Thank you I'll ring them first thing on monday.
mica8633
UKFM Member

Postby mica8633 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi
Just had some good news, for a change.
Telephoned JCP with regards to keep harassing me to go for interview. I kinda lost it on the phone with them and put the phone down. They rang me back and the lady was ever so apologetic and wanted to know i was ok as i was in such a state. To cut a long story short she said she would e-mail the relevant people(she was in a call centre) and get them to call me back in 3 hours. Twenty minutes later they phoned and what a shock , they said that they had overturned the decision and have now put me in the support group just the day before.
Couldn't beleive it I really expected to have to go to tribunal.
What a releif!!!!!!!!!! Phew.
Good luck everyone keep fighting
mica8633
UKFM Member

Postby wolfstar » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:22 am

:woot: :woot: :chicken-dance: very good news :-D
:coffee1:
wolfstar

Is fibromyalgia real :?:
YES, its painfully :scream-1: real :pull-hair:
wolfstar
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:09 am

Brilliant news :welldone: :woot: :woot: :woot:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Great news mica :clap: :clap:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits