E S A APPEAL

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

E S A APPEAL

Postby Arty2452 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Dose anyone have a rough idea how long it take on average to get a ESA Appeal to hearing?

To day i have been told after my last medical assessment i have been awarded NO POINTS, :-o this i find very hard to understand but i have to wait for the letter from DWP and deside what to do. :?:

Any advise anyone???????????????

Arty
Don't Feel guilty for the way we are, we didn't ask to be ill
Arty2452
UKFM Member

Re: E S A APPEAL

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:47 pm

I've moved you into here Arty as it's a more suitable part of the forum for what you are asking.

From what has been said on here, some people are waiting a good 12 months for their appeals to be heard because of the backlog that has built up due to Atos's incompetance :too-upset: :too-upset: :too-upset: :waiting: :waiting:

If you're wondering about the appeals process as a whole, this linky might help you viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12541

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Arty2452 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Thanks very much i will save and read this very slowly.
Arty2452
UKFM Member

Postby shortnsweet54 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:42 pm

hi Arty,
i can only tell you my wait, had a medical in June 2010, refused as per normal, put an appeal in and finally won it in July 2011. Just been for another medical, (do they really think we'll miraculously recover??) and waiting for the brown envelope of doom..aka, you have been awarded nil points letter. Should pre book my appeal and appt with Citizens Advice lol. :waiting: I went before and they were brilliant, was a little disturbed that all the lady i saw did was appeals, must say something :pull-hair:

You can ask them to reconsider their decision or for your medical report that the "health professional" compiled. Be well prepared for it to be a work of fiction and don't stress out. :pull-hair: what you actually said to the doctor or whoever you saw may bear no resemblance to what is on the letter to dwpdhss or who ever... :pull-hair:
I'm sure all the info on here will help, I don't want to tell you anything wrong.

You must appeal their decision, every person that doesn't is letting the incompetant A...toss..ers :lol: get away with it. Surely all the appeals and the massive backlog they seem to have should tell them something.

good luck and keep us posted
Jan H xx
shortnsweet54
UKFM Member

Postby BlueBerry » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

don't get me started about appeal i took over 18 months get my appeal and now going thought it all again :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: Oh but first got take medical i am so prepared for the lies you can tell

try get home visit but who knows what my doctors going put in her letter tomorrow if i get it sorted but if i got go god help them i will need a toilet heh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

but good luck your going need and the wheel keep on turning sorry got no nice thing say about them going thought my second time :crazy: :crazy: oh they can so write good fiction book wih my last reported god what it going say this time :nono: :nono: :nono:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby shortnsweet54 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi Blueberry,
Know the feeling, :too-upset: :pull-hair: drives me to the point of insanity.
I'm on another Fibro site and it's the same same story on there.

as per below, i'm waiting for the "brown envelope of doom"...aka assessment refusal and nil points after going for my second "medical assessment". I had to travel an hour and a half on a bus the stagger 20 mins to the assessment centre, by the time i got there i was in such pain i wanted to cry. As things went on the nurse said i looked poorly and she wouldn't do the physical exam, she then took my blood pressure as i said i was newly diagnosed with that and arthritis in both knees and one hip (waiting for the other hip to join the party!!), as it was so dangerously high she immediately said i was not fit to make a bus journey home and sent me home by taxi..swift end to assessment so i'll be intrigued to see what they put on the work of fiction...oh sorry assessment report.

the whole shambolic mess should be inflicted on no one.... :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair:

good luck to all those that fall foul of Atoss

Jan xx
shortnsweet54
UKFM Member

Postby Arty2452 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:10 pm

Thanks to all for there advise and helpfull hints, will definatly be going for the appeal root and see how it gose. :( :evil:

Arty
Arty2452
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:34 pm

:fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits