DLA Renewal and Backdated Care

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA Renewal and Backdated Care

Postby shrimp » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Hi All
havent been on for long time as too much fatigue and flare ups happening
anyway, April was renewal time for DLA, filled in form and within 10 days brown envelope came through - got high rate mobility (for 4th year) and low rate care - so wrote and asked why in 2009 was i given high rate care and then from 2010 it got dropped down again to low care, i explained nothing had got better etc etc....then got another letter advising the care had been upgraded to high rate and backdated to 2010-2012 and that renewal now until 2017.
well, shocked, so now partner can finally claim carers - have asked can he claim back that far and wait outcome
so please please please dont give up with your claims/appeals, it can come good....
xxmich xx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Re: DLA Renewal and Backdated Care

Postby Dragonlord » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Lovely to hear - gives the rest of us hope. :-D

I'm high rate mobility and middle rate care. Due to expire Feb 2013. mobility car renewal was in June so I asked for a claim pack to lodge a claim request in the hope that they would bring it forward a bit and enable me to swap cars. I knew it was a gable and that they may have reduced or even cancelled my current award.
Weeks and weeks passed and then I got the brown envelope. They agree with my current level and will reassess in Feb. I made it clear that I wanted it reassessed for the motability bit. They stated that they could not take motability into account.

I rang them and they stated that I could appeal to have the decision re-looked at. I said don't bother. She then said, they would probably put the renewal pack in the post to me in the next month or so re Feb 2013!!!!!! Unbelievable. :nono:
Dragonlord
UKFM Newbie

Postby helen w » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi,may I ask what you suffer from? I have fibro,depression and ME and get high rate mob and low rate care.Renewal may 13. Would just like to compare notes! So glad they have actually listened to you and you got your award. :-D
helen w
UKFM Member

Postby rickysmrs » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:18 am

Thats great news for you well done.I have been lucky enough to get High rate mobility and Low rate care after a tribunal. I agree keep on fighting for what you deserve. :lol:
rickysmrs
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:54 pm

hi so glad for you xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits