Royal Mail OPENS your ESA claim forms.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Royal Mail OPENS your ESA claim forms.

Postby Deegill » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:19 am

I feel physically sick since reading this, i have posted it everywhere i could think of so people can read.

http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspo ... -form.html
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Re: Royal Mail OPENS your ESA claim forms.

Postby Deegill » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:42 am

A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby pmc » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:15 am

I am disgusted to read this and have today written to my local MP demanding how it is justified for DWP to do this. I have also asked him if it is just another way to dissuade us not to claim DLA as our info may be made public.........I think we should all be writting to our MP's on this and asking for the practice to be stopped.
pmc
UKFM Member

Postby BlueBerry » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:31 am

I rember reading this a while ago and this is so upsetting i just sent mine by next day delivery god if they open it saw all my stuff it would be so upsetting but what you expect by dwp and asto they got it in for us :-x
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby bumblebee57 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:03 pm

Isnt it illegal to open mail addressed to someone else?? Especially mail as delicate as that. This situation gets worse by the day, yet the government STILL dont do anything about it.
bumblebee57
UKFM Member

Postby pmc » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:40 pm

PLEASE WRITE TO YOUR MP, I can't say this enough, we need to make them listen to us. Yes it is an offence to open mail to another person but it seems that the DWP has given them the right to do it, they are at fault and need to be made to stop this invasion of our right to privacy.
pmc
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:00 pm

There is a reason they do this and it has been explained in another post, by all means write to your MP but this has gone on for years and is not something new. It is horrifying to get told about this practice but I dont think we are going to be able to change anything cos as I say it isnt something new :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits