Blue Badge

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Blue Badge

Postby walrus0871 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi

Only been diagnosed a week but wondered what people felt and thought about blue badges.

Also what success have people had obtaining one. Whilst I can walk distances I find it helps me greatly with the fatigue if I don't. My argument is it effects my life greatly and a blue badge would help me a lot.

Comments!?!

Xx
walrus0871
UKFM Member

Re: Blue Badge

Postby pmc » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:14 pm

HI there
If you get higher DLA for mobility you qualify for your BB any way, if not you can apply but will most likely have to be assessed. I have one as I have Osteo-arthritis as well as Fibro and it is a godsend on bad days, I don't use it on good ones. You say you can walk a distance so it doesn't sound like you reaslly need one too much, or at least that's the way it may be seen, as for the fatigue it is near impossible to convince people how we get so tired so quick I find, they can't see it so don't beleive us. Too many people think they should be given one just for having Fibro so I think the local authorities are trying to cut down on them, also if you don't get the highest rate of DLA mobility they charge you for them, app £25 in our area.
pmc
UKFM Member

Postby nan2libbyntom » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:23 pm

hi , my mum has a blue badge and doesnt get dla and only had to pay £2.50
nan2libbyntom
UKFM Newbie

Postby wolfstar » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:14 am

nan2libbyntom wrote:hi , my mum has a blue badge and doesnt get dla and only had to pay £2.50

£10 in my area even with HRM i think its all to do with your la having to send them away to be made now instead of doing them in house
:coffee1:
wolfstar

Is fibromyalgia real :?:
YES, its painfully :scream-1: real :pull-hair:
wolfstar
UKFM Member

Postby darkcyde » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:16 pm

I applied online in the am and got a decision in the pm, and cost me £2.....still going through DLA process, so that didnt make any difference.

Fight for it....it makes a hell of a difference.....just prepared to be thick skinned as you will get some looks when your having a good day and get out of the car unaided and with a wheelchair on an arm in the back.....i used to be critical of blue badgers until i became ill....looks can be very deceiving!
Diagnosed : ME/FM, CFS,CPS, IBS, ADHD : Medications : Mirtazapine 45mg, Paracetamol 4gram a day, Omeprazole 40mg, Dompperidone 30mg, Morphine (tabs) 120mg, Morphine (liquid) 100mg twice a day
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Postby mabel » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:03 pm

It's worth trying but if u can take a couple of steps unaided they do not want to know.The chronic fatigue is not even considered as it is unproven !
needless to say i was refused the badge last year and struggle without one. I had alot of medical notes to support my claim as well as i have had my condition for 7 years.
mabel
UKFM Member

Postby Nancyk » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi darkcyde which website did you apply on for your blue badge I struggle to walk a couple of yards never mind 100 yards and could really do with blue badge xxx
Nancyk
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits