Atos

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Atos

Postby toplessbug » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:02 am

My medical date came today 10th aug but for once it's a sensible time 2.10, not like my last one 9.30. I got stuck on bus in traffic all flustered.
So I now begin my notes leading to day !!

Sent from my iPhone using the force :-)
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Re: Atos

Postby denys » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:10 am

:fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1: bug :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lolabolla » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:31 am

:goodluck2:

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby Whiplashsal » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:42 am

I think i will have the 'pleasure' of 2 Atos appointments as my work use Atos for occupational health and my boss has made a referral! :-( i also put in a DLA claim! Stressed just thinking about it all :-(
Whiplashsal
UKFM Member

Postby Graciebaby » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:23 am

Best of luck with the Atos appointment.
They note everything and observe you constantly. I know because I'm appealing their decision and I have a copy of everything that was written down.
I was amazed to see stuff like this =
The way you walk from the waiting room to the examination room and how quickly you walk.
Do you appear to sit comfortably for the length of time you are in there. (If so, you are penalised for it)
That you were able to use your hands ok to get stuff out of your handbag.
That you appeared well presented, clean and tidy (I suggest you turn up in your pajamas and shuffle about like a 90 year old in your battered slippers with your hair standing on end and definitely no make up!) You are penalised for trying to keep your dignity and look presentable and they are not remotely interested if it took you 3 hours to get ready beforehand...they just report on what they see.
If you fear that climbing onto the examination table or being asked to stand and squat or attempt to bend forward as far as you can might cause you ANY discomfort, state that you are unable to do this due to pain or discomfort, clearly but politely.
If you experience any sort of symptoms that are embarrassing or humiliating to talk about, such as loss of bowel or bladder control, uncontrollable wind due to IBS (the sort of thing that makes it difficult for you to leave the house/carry out normal social activities etc,
don't be shy, TELL THEM, next time I have one of these assessments, I'm going to go into graphic detail. If you don't, you are not being fair to yourself and they can only base their assessment on the info you give them. It doesn't matter how gross or unpleasant something is, tell them and if you get tearful whilst doing so, it really doesn't matter, let them see how it really is for you and how distressing it can be for you.
Tell them the nitty gritty and don't be too proud to do so.
Make sure though that the info you give them ties in with your atos questionnaire that you previously completed, unless of course you have since deteriorated further and you are now stating how you are currently feeling or coping.

Whiplashsal, your DLA claim will almost certainly be rejected initially, most are, it's common practice. If that happens, appeal. I did and was subsequently awarded both the mobility and care components. Ridiculous isn't it!

G.
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby shortnsweet54 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:55 am

Hi Graciebaby,
Couldn't have put it better myself, been there done that. Has 2 medicals, failed one and won on appeal, had another in May and was so ill my blood pressure went toxic and they sent me home by taxi. Had a letter to say i was put into a support group, so good news there...stunned me i can tell you.
It makes me so angry to see time and time again people going to these wretched assassinations..oh sorry assessments, and having their lives turned upside down by these incompetent "medical professionals" who seem totally unable to listen and put the CORRECT information on the forms. Don't they understand...we won't get better., and if they took into account the government report that says Fibro is a potentially disabling disease and this should be taken into account when we go to medicals things might be a bit better.

Seems the tide MIGHT be on the turn though with the following action going on:
I put a post on here about 2 disables people taking DWP to court, interesting reading indeed, and there is also a post about people who have been to these assessments and a questionairre to fill in, really vented my spleen on that one, there is also an epetition to sign if you're unhappy with Atos....can imagine that will be inundated!!!

Oh dear obviously touched my sore point lol,

Take care
Jan xx
shortnsweet54
UKFM Member

Postby shortnsweet54 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:57 am

Hi toplessbug,
Wishing you all the very best. Been there done that lol,
take note of what Graciebaby says, she talks a lot of sense. sorry but you've got to have your wits about you all the time.

Take care and good luck
Jan xxx
shortnsweet54
UKFM Member

Postby BlueBerry » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:42 am

couldn't put it better myself shortnsweet54 they are big fat liers i am going for my second still try get home visit lest i got wonderful gp help me out I try to warn my mam what they like but she keep say but no it won't be same doctor but i think my mam doesn't understand how evil they are you got be so careful and tell them everything, tell them what it like on the worsted day and i wish you all luck in the world :-D :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits