Brown envelope this morning....

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Brown envelope this morning....

Postby darkcyde » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:25 am

....and it's good news!

I've been awarded HRM and MRC backdated to March and it runs till July 2013 when I have to be reviewed.

I cannot begin to explain the relief that's flooding over me right now....its incredible! I think I was very lucky with my GP and the ATOS doctor who came to see me at home. This now means we can get our twins childcare covered by Tax Credits when my wife returns to work in less than 4 weeks time, I can get my mobility scooter so I can get out and about more, and.....oh, so much difference this is going to make......I'm in tears I'm not ashamed to say!

Everyone who is fighting for their rights.....keep fighting!! If anyone wants any private help with letters, I'm happy to share over PM what I wrote and how I worded it.

Thank you all for your continued support on these forums.....I will keep on coming back to help anybody else in anyway I can!

I'm going to go throw up now! :-)
Diagnosed : ME/FM, CFS,CPS, IBS, ADHD : Medications : Mirtazapine 45mg, Paracetamol 4gram a day, Omeprazole 40mg, Dompperidone 30mg, Morphine (tabs) 120mg, Morphine (liquid) 100mg twice a day
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Re: Brown envelope this morning....

Postby hunnybunny » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:02 pm

hi darkcyde. that great news for you i know by you other posts that you were getting worred at least now you can get things sorted. i would love any help that you can give in writing letters as i have to fight every year for my esa i have also been turned down 3 times for dla but this time i have asked them to look at it again so any help you can give would be great xx
hunnybunny
UKFM Newbie

Postby shortnsweet54 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:16 pm

hi darkcyde,

Well excellent news for you then. been there so i know exactly how you feel, the relief is immense. Talk about a cloud being lifted off you. you don't realise exactly how much pressure you're under till you get the letter. the difference it will make to you is wonderful i'm so very pleased.

It makes me very angry though to see time and time again the stress and misery that these wretched assessments inflict on people,. there are some posts on here re 2 disabled people taking DWP to court, very interesting reading, a petition to sign about Atos and the shambles that they are, and one with a questionairre about the assessments..vented my spleen on that one.
Seems the tide MIGHT be turning a bit.
Well done and take care
Jan xx
shortnsweet54
UKFM Member

Postby tanyaj » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:22 pm

hi im trying to get mrc i get lrc at the moment but since being diognosed with fibro ive needed much more help and ive got a carer that comes in weekly how can i get mrc
tanyaj
UKFM Member

Postby Carole » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:27 pm

What a relief for you and your wife!!
Well done for your tenacity it isn`t easy when you aren`t well
..all our next worries will start again when this PIP thing comes into place. I don`t know whats going to happen. Will we all have to re apply despite having indefinite or long dated awards???? Does the same apply if you are retired and over 60 ? There are sp many unanswered questions!!
Carole
Carole
UKFM Member

Postby Carole » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi Tanyaj
I think you can ask to be reviewed but its worth bearing in mind after going through the process you risk having your LRC taken away and ending up with nothing at all so keep that in mind because you aren`t assessed with a view to moving up a level but rather do you need it at all and if so what level.
I would always go to welfare rights for help in filling in the forms I`m sure you can find them in yellow pages.
Carole
Carole
UKFM Member

Postby darkcyde » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:39 pm

I couldn't say how to get a specific level of an element I'm afraid....I would say that's heavily down to your Decision Maker and ATOS Healthcare Professional (cough, cough).

Do you live alone, which is why you have a carer come in? My wife does a huge amount of the caring for me....basically anything that I can't, which is get in and out of the bath, on and off the toilet, that kind of thing.....I also have severe IBS which can lead to some embarrassing situations if I don't stay within a few minutes of a toilet facility......I'm not going to beat about the bush about it as it's a fact of my life I have to deal with, but I believe this played a large part in getting the MRC as I need care during the night if I need the toilet, and throughout the day for that matter.

When my wife returns to work I will probably need to make some arrangements regarding additional care myself.

All I can suggest is that you be as graphic as possible with them....do not hold back due to embarrassment.....if you can make the Decision Maker cringe, then they are more likely to find in your favor.

When they originally wrote to me with their run of the mill "you don't need any help whatsoever" letter, I didn't just write back asking for them to review it.....I went straight in asking for tribunal and included a 5 A4 page letter addressing each of their sections on their letter and tore them to shreds. Where they had contradicted what I said in the application form, I addressed that section via Page and Section numbers, told them what I had written, and then told them again in the letter but from a different point of view.

Also at the medical at home, my wife and I handed the doc a 5 page statement about my care, again broken down in their sectionals and listed a statement under each, repeating information again if relevant (as they seem to like doing that themselves).

Basically, I think I made such a pain in the arse of myself and making them read a ton of paperwork that they realised I wasn't going down without a fight, which is what I think they hope we would do. Also, I wrote to them almost monthly with updates with changes to my health and medications which I think helped too!
Diagnosed : ME/FM, CFS,CPS, IBS, ADHD : Medications : Mirtazapine 45mg, Paracetamol 4gram a day, Omeprazole 40mg, Dompperidone 30mg, Morphine (tabs) 120mg, Morphine (liquid) 100mg twice a day
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Postby darkcyde » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:45 pm

Carole - yes your right, so many grey areas to count at the moment.

On my mind its what happens when I approach my review date.....does my payments stop on that specific date, or do they continue until they have reviewed me. What happens if I get delayed due to them being bogged down with the new system - do my payments stop until they get around to dealing with me?

My letter is worded like this...."I have only awarded you until 11/07/2013 as how much help you will need then is uncertain. We will ask if you want to claim Disability Living Allowance again before 11/07/2013"

So reading it I would say mines stops at that date and I have to reapply, but then it'll be under PIP, so is that then treated as a whole new application or is it a re-examination of the existing.
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Postby Carole » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi Darkcyde
I think it`ll be a whole new ball game with this PIP because the truth of the matter is they want to get the numbers down from where they are at the moment with DLA. They want to save millions don`t they? What they are saying in fact is that the vast majority of us who are getting DLA at the moment shouldn`t be. The benefits system is costing them far too much so who better to target that the sick and disabled!!.
I worry because I`m retired on a limited income and so is my husband who had to take early retirement because of sever spinal problems as well as a lot of other health problems so my DLA helps a lot and without it we would be in dire straights, any savings we ever had are long gone, our grown children are very good to us and we don`t know what we would do without their help and support
I`d just like these government ministers to survive a week on what we do never mind long term :-(
Carole
Carole
UKFM Member

Postby hunnybunny » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:15 pm

thanks darkcyde for the info you put on here will start to make a list of every thing that i need help with from my family and will also make a copy for my gp so that he to can see the help i get x
hunnybunny
UKFM Newbie

Postby BlueBerry » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:57 pm

Wow Darkcyde that is great news I have been really worried for you and what I've been reading about the so called asto doctors be make me so worried I am hope everything now goes well for you and your family. I just hope mine goes well :crazy: it now been moved to aug 6 but hope get home visit sorted still may need ring the doctors secretaryagain she say she is get it sorted they know how much of a worrier i am ;-) that really made me smile this morning :-D :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby linoak90 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi hope you are all having a good day. Well done Darkclyde on your award. I also recieved a brown envelope today and Im still a shaking blubbering mess. I have been awarded HRC and HRM until 2015 I am completly gob smacked at how their decision can go from no you are not getting anything to this all I can say is thankyou to Dr Khan from Atos and thank you to every one on here for their support and advice during this stressfull time.

Love to all.

Lin. X
linoak90
UKFM Member

Postby wobblycat » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Just popped back on here after having the shakes.Darkcyde & Linoak90really delighted for you both with your decisions& so glad they didnt keep you waitingany longer!Ithink were all a bit shot over this -Ifeel ! need a treble brandy.

Once again :welldone: :welldone: :welldone:
wobblycat
UKFM Member

Postby suenew54 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:29 pm

When i read "brown envelope" my heart sank for you .till i read your good news,so very pleased for you..Brilliant xx :-D
suenew54
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Good news darkcyde glad you now have your decision :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits