Been put in WRAG - what a joke - can someone tell me......

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Been put in WRAG - what a joke - can someone tell me......

Postby Just-JJ » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:54 am

..... what to do next??

I have just recieved my letter, awarded ESA but am not in the support group, what a joke, I have been deemed unfit for work for the last 10 years and have more wrong with me now than I have ever had before yet I am now fit to work???

Can I ask for a copy of the report as this is just a stock letter, no information on what I gained points in and what I didnt??

Any advise appreciated as my head is spinning!!!

JJ xxx
Just-JJ
UKFM Member

Re: Been put in WRAG - what a joke - can someone tell me......

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:03 am

I didnt get any answers / info either you dont unless you appeal and you get all the info there or contact your local jobcentre they should have the info and adviice you on any further action you wish to take.

You can also call DWP and ask.

You can appeal :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Just-JJ » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:08 am

Thanks Lisa, I am shaking I am that angry, the lady who dealt with my assessment obviously total ignored everything on my ESA50 and obviously ignored the state I was in!!!!
Just-JJ
UKFM Member

Postby wolfstar » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:11 am

Yes, you can ask for a copy of any documentation used in the decision.But you may not get much back that will help you.

I'm not sure of the procedure but i think you have to phone the DWP and request a form to fill in requesting the documents for your case assessment.
Perhaps there is someone else on here that knows more, but as with all DWP stuff there is probably a time limit on a request.
:coffee1:
wolfstar

Is fibromyalgia real :?:
YES, its painfully :scream-1: real :pull-hair:
wolfstar
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:12 am

You should have an appeal form that came with your decision? they normaly give you a month from date of letter but you'll need the copy report also so call DWP for that
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Just-JJ » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:16 am

No appeal form unfortunately, just the letter and a leaflet explaining what to do if I disagree with the decision, trying to read it but head is just about spinning of its axis :o(

FFS, how useless are they? the leaflet enclosed with the letter is what to do if I disagree with a decision about jobseekers allowance!!!!
Last edited by Just-JJ on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just-JJ
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:18 am

Then you will need to contact DWP ask for an appeal form with a copy of there decision.
*Lisa*

Postby Just-JJ » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks Lisa, the letter is from Jobcentreplus, so do I ring them and the DWP?? Sorry to be such a pain, am in a right state :(
Just-JJ
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:28 am

DWP you call. Jobcentre only deal with the work focus interviews DWP do the appeals etc.
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:30 am

Dont forget to ask for copy of report then you know what to go on. You can get help with the appeals by CAB/welfare rights. They dont give you long tho a month i think.

Gather any evidence/info on what you feel they scored wrongly on.
*Lisa*

Postby Carole » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:50 am

After watching those programs on TV last night the whole system is a joke ..one woman on sticks has her husband as her full time carer she can`t even go to the toilet without help and she was deemed fit for work!! UNBELIEVABLE!!
Carole
Carole
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:56 am

I know carole its a mixture of unbelievable and disgusting!!

Its good we have these support forums for help and advice as the system i feel is corrupt.

Funny how its cost DWP millions in appeals which have mostly been overturned that all of a sudden legal aid gets chopped and appeal system is all of a sudden changing mmmm.... :nono:

Im waiting on the PIP sad to say its gonna get worse! :waiting:
*Lisa*

Postby Just-JJ » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:10 pm

Am in a right tizz, trying to contact them through some numbers on say no to 0870 but most of them say they are jobcentre plus :o(
Just-JJ
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:17 pm

Have you another letter from DWP you can go over and find a number on? dont worry the jobcentre can give you the number
*Lisa*

Postby Carole » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:28 pm

Yes Lisa PIP is the next hurdle, though I don`t know how the retired will go on with that at all. something else to worry about!
carole
Carole
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits