Contributions Based ESA Support Group

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Contributions Based ESA Support Group

Postby bestnan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi

I have been placed in the ESA Support group and as I have been working, my claim was based on my contributions.

I just wanted to know what will happen in February, when my contributions run out. My husband has pensions and I have been finished from work due to incapacity. The letter says that I will stay in the support group until I am fit enough to return to work but doesn't mention what will happen financially. Does anyone have any idea please.

I have FMS, depression, ischemic heart disease, non-coeliac gluten sensitivity, asthma and an under active thyroid.
bestnan
UKFM Member

Re: Contributions Based ESA Support Group

Postby denys » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi bestnan I think you still get paid while in the support group but ring the DWP and check just to put your mind at rest :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:53 pm

I'm on ESA (c) and in the support group as well. I was told that the claim limit of 12 months for ESA(c) only applied to those in WRAG. So you should be fine and receive monies until it gets to review time, then we'll have to start the whole process again.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Ria Landon » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:16 pm

I too am in ESA contributions based support group. I got a letter saying that in November when the first year is up it changes to income based ESA because I can only stay on contributions based for 1 year.

Confusing isn't it!
Ria Landon
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:47 pm

Ria Landon wrote:I too am in ESA contributions based support group. I got a letter saying that in November when the first year is up it changes to income based ESA because I can only stay on contributions based for 1 year.

Confusing isn't it!

Confused.com has got nothing on us has it :facepalm: :facepalm: That's the complete opposite of what the advisor told me Ria :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: How the feck are we meant to know what is happening when they just seem to be making things up as they go along :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby bestnan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:05 pm

It is very confusing and I think I'll speak to the DWP. Thank you everyone for your replies. I do wish these people would make it clear in the beginning

Take care x x x x x
bestnan
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits